Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1

I have been trying to figure out what to say all day... nothing seems quite right. I want to convey all the emotions that simply waking up this morning brought. When I rolled over and looked at Brad and he said, It's May first. And we smiled because we knew what the other was feeling. Meri's due date has seemed so far away until today. Now it feels like every minute is going 1000x's faster.

We got a present yesterday. Perhaps to celebrate it being May 1st. But I doubt that was what he was thinking when he gave the gift.

The attorney was able to reach the birthfather, who has agreed to sign the adoption papers. For us, this changed so much. We had felt confident things would go well. We know we are on the right path. But that doesn't mean there won't be hardships along the way and we were praying this would not be one we would have to face. When we got the news of his verbal consent, and soon to be written, we were completely overcome. We don't know him...we may never know him. But we are grateful that he was able to rise above his pride and give Amelia a life where she can be sealed to her parents. We hope good things for him. This is probably the last time we will speak of him on this blog but I couldn't let this whole process pass by without thanking the other half of Amelia. Even if he hasn't given Amelia anything in her life, he gave Meri a gift of not putting up a fight and us the chance to be parents.

Tomorrow I will put pictures up of her nursery- I decorated some of it yesterday with the flowers we made for her shower. It looks girly and I love it :) It has been a good day. Yesterday I had the a/c on and tomorrow we will get a couple inches of snow but with this cold I've got, I'm not complaining about having to stay home snuggled up.

Happy May, Everyone!

1 comment: