Thursday, May 23, 2013

2 weeks!

Time is racing past me. I'm reaching out to grasp at her little hands and little feet and quick smiles but even as I hold on, she's getting bigger in my arms. Her newborn clothes are starting to actually fit. She left the hospital drinking a little less than 1 ounce at each meal and now is up to 4. She hates to be naked but actually kind of likes baths and the water. She's still tough to burp but still oh so patient. Her ability to be patient is fascinating to me. I never dreamed a newborn could even exhibit that trait. But it's true. There was once that, because of factors outside of my control, it was an entire hour between the time she gave her, I'm starving feed me now cues and the time she actually got her bottle. Not once did she cry. Just kept reminding me it was time to eat. She still rarely fusses and I can honestly say I am enjoying this stage 10000x's more than I thought I would and if it were possible I would love that she could be this way forever. Of course I don't really wish that but I'm just saying if it were to be true, I could handle it. I would still be happy.
Mia had her 2 week check up by our favorite doctor {ever} yesterday. It was such a joy to come full circle and have her give the exam. Mia is extremely healthy and in the 10th percentile on her stats. My little Peanut :) She has already gained 11 oz over her birth weight and is an inch longer. Wow they just grow up so fast!

Mia,
I can hardly put my feelings and thoughts into words right now. I have valued and cherished each minute we have spent together. I love being home with you and Daddy. You are such a good little baby. You are a great snuggler and Mom has to work hard not to let you snuggle in the covers with me while you're still sleepy. When I read books to you, you are totally alert and stare at me with such wonder I usually can't bear to stop and continue to read until, eventually, you drift off to the sound of my voice. 
Every one who sees you talks about how beautiful you are and it's true. Your piano fingers and eyelashes that already curl. The curve to your brow that I kiss twenty times a day. Your cheeks are starting to fill in and they are incredibly cute! At times I feel sad that you are growing quickly but then I think about how healthy you are. How soon you'll be able to feed the ducks and enjoy the park and the places we will take you. 
Mia, you are the light and center of our lives and we are thrilled to be wrapped around your tiny fingers. 
Love Always
Mommy

Monday a dear friend of ours who is so much more than that -therefore Mia calls her Grandma Luck- came to visit and help take care of things. I have been so grateful for the extra sleep, expertise, and company. I've missed you KKL! Happily, we will be headed home to see them this fall. We can't wait :)




1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid to let her snuggle or sleep on your chest. When she's this small you can't possibly "spoil" her or create sleep issues later.

    ReplyDelete