Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Getting Ready!

Everything seems to be happening so fast these days. Last weekend Brad and I went shopping and picked up a gift from my Dad... a Costco card! We haven't had one in forever and couldn't be happier. He knows his kids well :) It will be put to good use as we are hoping that the Costco diapers fit little Amelia. Not too much longer and we'll know!

We also picked up our Chicco stroller from Brad's parents. As soon as I saw this one I fell in love. It is super safe, looks great, comfy...and is purple! Meri was with me when I first saw it and she can attest- this one is perfect! We had wanted to get the carseat all set up in the rare chance that Meri goes into labor sooner than expected. I'm sure Amelia is excited to meet everyone but Mom knows best- she needs to cook a little longer!

I went to a shower for a friend last night and had so much fun. It was great just to be able to laugh and talk and chit chat with other women. I was the only one there without kids and for once I didn't feel out of place or different! It was kind of awesome :)

I have mentioned my sister Stephanie on here several times. She's such a rock star that girl is amazing. When we were growing up...I won't lie, it was rough. We did NOT get along. Even now it's funny because we have differences in our personalities but it's just so much easier to see and appreciate and love the similarities we do have. She is my confidant and BFF for sure. Her daughter was born 2 years ago also in May which is way cool because Mia will be at all the same stages my niece was at during that time (i.e. when it's Christmas she can wear those clothes since she'll be at the same stage).

Stephanie is sending me a bin- no, literally, a huge moving size bin- of clothes, blankets, shoes, all sorts of amazingness. She used to be a manager at Nordstrom and has excellent taste so you can bet I'm pretty excited to get these hand me downs! So if you're super sweet and are shopping for Mia and want to buy her clothes...oh please adore her in another way lol! I have been working on her baby registry on amazon and there are lots of choices on there that I know she would love.

This is but 1/3rd of the clothes my sister is sending me in the 0-6 month sizes. The other 2/3rds she is still trying to condense. 
Then she has another bin for the larger sizes. Amelia not only will be clothed, but she will be in style!

<3 You, Dad! Thank you!!

Mom and Dad, you already know how this makes my heart happy! Thank you for helping us get ready for little Darling's arrival!! Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment