Last night we returned from seeing Meri and her family. We go to hang out with some family we've met before, and others we were meeting for the first time, including her Mother, Elinor. It was kind of a whirlwind trip where we arrived late Tuesday night and were able to spend a good portion of the day together Wednesday before we had to zip back home. I have come to enjoy these car trips with Brad. He is such delightful company! (haha good thing....right?!)
Anyway the day was full and although some things were special and won't be talked about on here, suffice to say we loved every minute of our trip.
A highlight was getting to listen to Meri play the piano...oh heaven to my ears. Thank goodness I recorded it on my phone. I've listened to it ... ahem ... a *few* times since coming home haha. I'm sure Amelia will know her and her uncle's (also an amazing piano player who plays by ear) music as she grows up. I finally convinced Brad to play a bit and he did very well... next challenge- to get them over their nerves and play a duet!
There are pros and cons to not putting people up on our blog and here's a con. Sometimes you just get feet haha. Lounging around listening to Meri play piano after having eaten an amazing dinner and watching her niece play with blocks on a super comfy couch? Oh yeah. It was sooo relaxing.
Don't forget you can click on the picture to enlarge it. I think you'll want to on this one because even though yes, that's the bassinet we just put together and you've seen it from every part and angle, there's a special something on there. It's a gift that Meri and Elinor picked out- a baby blanket that Meri had when she was a baby. I believe she said she was wrapped in this blanket at her blessing (M & E correct me if I'm wrong, k?). It has satin ribbon around the edges and the backing is pink. The bears are hand embroidered all the way around in pink thread. I love everything about it. The softness. The colors and design. But most of all, the women that gave it to us. I don't know how to convey to you, dear reader, the depth to which we feel for this family who has taken us in and made us feel welcome, included, respected, and valued. I keep praying Amelia gets their wonderful qualities.
If you're reading this,
Thank You & we miss each of you already!
No comments:
Post a Comment