All growing up, I listened to Billy Joel with my Dad. We sang out loud while driving and had a lot of fun together. This last trip to Houston my sister and I were driving and it was still awhile before we reached our destination when her daughter, who is not quite 2, started to cry. We had no way to really soothe her so together we started to sing this song, Lullaby. The little princess was asleep almost instantly but sister and I kept singing just for the happiness of it. I love that memory. Since I got home from that trip, I put the lyrics on my phone so I can sing to Amelia when she's needing to be calmed. I played it for Brad and he's planning to learn the guitar notes to play for her- I can't wait to hear his version, he is incredibly creative.
Anyway, I just thought I would share this sweet song with my memories and plans all wrapped around it in a neat little present.
Enjoy.
Goodnight my angel, time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
Then you should always know
Wherever you may go, no matter where you are
I never will be far away
Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me
Goodnight my angel, now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry, and if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabies go on and on
They never die
That's how you and I will be
<3
ReplyDelete