Saturday, January 9, 2016

Catching up- 8/2015-9/2015

I can't believe I haven't posted a single picture on here since August. Wow how time flies! The truth of it is, our nice camera got dropped this summer :/ It still works...kinda. A lot of the time the pictures are blurry and it's heartbreaking for me to think I got this perfect shot only to find out it didn't turn out. So I haven't been taking many pictures except on  my phone. Then I think, I can't put those up, they're terrible quality! But now I'm at the point where I'm like, well, that's what I have so better than nada. Mia is taking a nap, Brad is sleeping after coming home from a 24 hour OB shift and I have some quiet to myself. So blogging it is :)

The end of August and September here were lovely. We did so much and looking back over these pictures just makes me long for those warm summer days! I work half day on Tuesdays so I can pick Mia up early and we can go do something fun just the two of us each week. We often would go to the park, go shopping, go to the pool or meet up with a friend.


I kept trying to see if water had gotten into her ear. 
So she covered it- the whole time. lol 


After we went swimming one day we went to the little 50's diner next door and got a crazy expensive small green shake- with sprinkles on top! Probably won't go back, but it was fun!
Eating the peaches we had picked the weekend before while at the pool. She drug this chair from across the lawn to sit next to me in a chair of her own!

Headed to Costco in style!

This was one of our favorite summer days. We were having terrible smoke from the fires and I wanted to get out of this valley! The air quality had been so bad we needed to stay inside. Mia and I were getting pretty cooped up so we were thrilled to hit the road and meet up with our friends the Allens at about half way and do a small hike. Cora and Mia are the same age and are absolutely darling together! Max is getting so big and was fun to tromp around with and look for salmon eggs :)




We sat by the river on a little small-rock bank area and had our picnic lunch. The sun was out and it was beautiful!


I can't say enough about how proud I was with this little trooper. She walked the entire time all the way from the car up the trail and back down the trail to the picnic spot. After lunch she was totally worn out and let me carry her to the car but that was only the last 5% of the trip. She slept the whole way home until...

We got to our favorite- Barrett Farms! I didn't have much I needed to buy there (sometimes that's where I get our organic peaches or other fruit/veggies) but I knew they sold the locally made Ellensburg ice cream so I thought we could stop off on the way home. She got "pink ice cream" and I got a peach shake. The days when we can be together are my favorite but I really cherish these days just she and I as well!


This was a Halloween costume I bought awhile back and she had a fun time dancing around in it. I keep thinking she'll get into dress-up but she hasn't so much, at least not yet. The picture below was on my phone screen for a long time. It's one of my favorite's I've ever taken. Love this girl!


Our favorite fruit- pluots! They make The.Best.Jam.EVER. 

This summer we also discovered a gymnastics place that lets kids run around and be on their trampolines and has an entire tube set three stories high (think McDonalds but HUGE). We got to go with Mia's little friend Hazel and they had the best time running around together. We then bought a pass and it's been a life saver during this very cold and snowy winter!

Summer days spent with the Millers :) we did salsa while these little munched on graham crackers outside and ran around.

Brian and Belinda got married at the coolest building near Seattle right on the beach. There was a huge playset right in front, the weather couldn't have been nicer, and we loved seeing our friends so happy!

This picture still cracks us up because Brad and I were taking a selfie and right as I'm snapping the picture Mia pops her head up between us lol! Funny girl

Kissing a boo boo at the wedding. She was pretty tired by the end. She and Dad were champs sleeping on the long drive back home.
If Dad can't come home to see us, we just go to Dad! 
This was on a Sunday after church

Another day coming to visit Dad at work. It's cute listening to Mia sort through where he is and what he's doing, exactly. She knows he's a doctor, works at the hospital, and helps people.



Hanging in the doctor's area 


No comments:

Post a Comment