Sunday, January 31, 2016

Halloween 2015

I know I am back tracking quite a bit here. It's better than not at all, though, right??? I know, I'm behind...working on it ;)
I had all these plans for Mia to be a cowgirl  for Halloween after her birthfamily sent this super cool pink cowgirl hat that lights up and then I found these gymboree pink boots. But then I saw this bumble bee dress and I could not resist. She is the cutest little bee I've ever seen! I loved her hair tied up in ribbons and watching her float around in that darling dress- it was both comfortable and she loved it, a win win!
The best part about Halloween was that my Dad (Papa) came up from Oregon to see us for a quick trip. It was just what I needed. We got to have lunch just us then we went to pick Mia up from school at 3. They were having a Halloween party and the parents were invited. I thought it was a relaxed kind of thing so we got there around 3:15 only to realize pretty much all the parents were there but us. Oops. Then I look over and see Mia sitting by herself happily eating her pumpkin candies and little treats they had. She was just watching all the kids and their parents and kicking her legs so content. But oh her face I will remember it forever as she looked over to see me and her entire being lit up with pure joy. She screams, runs towards me and as she's running sees her Papa. She leaps up into my arms then lunges for him! Her and my Dad have always had this cool connection, I love it so much. We had a wonderful weekend hanging out, taking naps!, eating, and talking. It was a perfect birthday/Halloween weekend!!



We basically had three events...her school party (outside), the ward party, and then Halloween night just the four of us. 
I was a flower pot and she was my bumble bee!

My favorite picture!


Halloween night

We took Mia out trick or treating after watching a movie and playing games with Papa while we passed out candy. Then Brad came home and we took her out for the first time. We went to about 6-7 houses and it was just enough. She slept so well that night!! Adorable doesn't even begin to cover how cute she was going up to people's doors and knocking! Sometimes she would just stand there, a couple times she remembered trick or treat, and then there was our favorite- her 5th house or so I stood back just a bit and let her do it on her own. She must've gotten nervous or blanked out or something lol because all of a sudden she looks up at the sweet woman and started singing "happy birthday"!!! lol She had us all laughing pretty hard. 

Reading "Room on the Broom" before watching the movie, I think a new Halloween tradition! 


These pictures of her playing with the calendar are significant because I bought that before she was born. I even blogged about it and how I couldn't wait to have a little one play with it and move the ghost from day to day. I loved watching her play with it!

Trying to convince her to wear the wings. As you can see from the below pictures, I was not successful...

Trying to decide if she would get her hand painted. She decided not to but then came back around later to get a little bee


Every time she took a bite of the cotton candy she closed her eyes lol 


Loving that little bee!


At home. I just like this picture of her and her Dolly

Getting ready to go!


My favorite birthday  picture!


Mia and Papa



She pretty much has him wrapped around her fingers!


Brad had to work a ton :/ We made the most of it though and came to visit him

Learning to play board games with Papa- this one is Brown Bear, Brown Bear

Someone wore Papa out!!!!

And then she got into my chapstick. I walked in to find her like this lol I'm so glad I had my phone!

Then there were big changes as we moved her into a big girl bed and did potty training...

Still getting the hang of it :)

Reading to her Dolly.

Switching to a big girl bed was soooooooo easy. Totally seamless. She has never fallen out and she stays in her bed talking until I come get her in the morning. She has never gotten up in the night and gotten out of bed- and it's been three months at this point. Not saying she never will; I assume it'll be this summer as it will be light longer, but for now she stays put. Those were a lot of my fears and it's been nice they haven't come true! We opted not to do a box spring and have just the mattress so the bed would be lower and I'm glad we did. She can easily get in and out by herself and loves her bed so much!
She potty trained in 2 weeks and in 3 weeks she stopped having night time troubles. I am SO blessed with Mia! She makes all these big transitions that I worry about seem like nothing. I'm grateful for her every day and never forget to tell her and my Heavenly Father how I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment