Saturday, January 9, 2016

Fall & Pumpkin Time

Fall is our favorite time of the year as far as holidays and the weather changing goes. This year was no exception as we got to say goodbye to 107 degree days filled with wildfire smoke and not being able to go outside much. I'm really hoping for less fires this coming summer as we've received so much moisture! Anyway. We had a really nice October and we got to do a pumpkin patch at Barrett Farms as a family and then Mia and I went out to another farm about a week later with friends. Both were fun and Mia and I are the same in that we like to get out of the house! Let's go do something fun! So even though it was raining pretty hard, we decided to go for it anyway out to Barrett's. And we're so glad we did because when we got there it had stopped raining and we had the farm to ourselves!

They had this old cider press from 1890. We picked out our own apples- and pears!- and put them in a bucket. Then we got to put them in the press and we bought the product. It was amazing! If we ever make homemade cider in the future, I'll be sure to add pressed pears!




On the tractor ride. Mia is pretty into tractors and had a great time on the hay ride with us through the farm



She wouldn't look up for all the gold in the world. Loved our pumpkins though, especially my pink beauty! I don't think I'll be able to go back to a regular orange one!

So this was at the second farm we went to. There was this cute little family and their little girl was over there posing up a storm so I said hey Mia, go over there like her and I'll take your picture! Me: so excited. Mia: not excited and wanted to be sure I knew it. lol

My flower

I tried again later, hoping the memory of the first attempt would fade. It did not.

Still cute of course :) We got our freshly made pumpkin doughnuts and headed home for a much needed nap. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment