Saturday, January 9, 2016

We had a visitor

I don't know why I never mentioned it on here before but we had the privilege of a visit from a member of Mia's birthfamily around mid September. He had come for a totally different reason but I was grateful and excited he was able to see us for a little bit. I didn't know exactly what it would be like seeing him again after two years but it was so comfortable! Our visit was such a testimony builder and reinforced all that I had felt previously. I enjoyed watching he and Mia interact and she thought the whole thing was a playdate and was just grand. When I went to leave and got into the car, I couldn't contain how I was feeling and broke down. It makes me emotional even thinking about it now, four months later. I can't express enough how grateful I am for our amazing birthmother and her entire family. Every single one of them has contributed to this beautiful adoption and to my faith and testimony. I know not only that families are forever but that we are all much more connected than we realize. We are interwoven into each other's stories and if we open our hearts and try to see that we really are all brothers and sisters, amazing things can happen. They have been the model of love and encouragement when they easily could've chosen to act otherwise. 'Grateful' doesn't begin to cover how I feel but I am so so grateful. I hope they always know how much we love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment