Dearest Amelia,
In case you don't happen to remember this time in your life, let me remind you... you are the brightest light in our lives. Daddy and I love you so much and it is thrilling to be your parents and watch you grow each day. After we put you to bed the night of your 3 month birthday, Daddy and I stayed up late looking at all the pictures from the time you were born to the present. We are amazed at how big you've gotten. At how much you've learned. How expressive you are. And, most of all, how much you've taught us in such a short time. In fact, there are many nights when you will go to sleep and one of us will turn to the other and say, can't we get her up?? I miss her!! We try to refrain though, and let you get your sleep, and pacify ourselves with pictures until the morning :)
On your 3 month birthday you got mad at me for the first time. We aren't sure exactly what happened, but we know you were furious with Mommy. I was feeding you a bottle and Daddy wanted a turn so I passed you over. You two were sitting across the table from me and you started to scream. Then you saw me, and cried/screamed directly at me. Your eyes didn't leave me and you wouldn't have a thing to do with Daddy. So I took you back and after some more crying right at me, you drank the rest of your milk and took a nap. Whatever I did, I was so sorry haha but that was the first time you've done anything like that.
Lately you have been growing a TON. You are growing out of all your jammies and you are waking up more in the night to eat. You used to hold so still when we would feed you a bottle but now the world is so interesting you turn your head every which way and it can be a challenge to feed you. You have been grabbing onto things and can reach your hand out and grab something you want if you really focus. It's amazing to watch you! Daddy and I remark at least a million times a day how gorgeous you are. It's true, you are an exceptionally beautiful baby. I get stopped all the time by random people who just want to look at your cute face a little longer. The best was when I was walking past some construction workers who were repairing the bridge in Lithia Park. He yells, Whoa!!! And I didn't know what to do so I walked faster but then he says, you have the most beautiful baby! Ahem, yes, thank you, I do! So I walked back and we had a nice chat all about how amazing you are.
You have also started to get ticklish on your feet. You will scrunch them up and wiggle around if we tickle them. You still smile more times a day than I can count and are eager to be happy and play. You are my constant companion and my best bud. We go to the store, take walks, and sit outside on the gliding swing. Lately, we have been going to the blueberry farm and Mamma will pick berries while you lay in the stroller in the shade of the apple tree. You LOVE to be outside. It is your favorite place to be so we make sure to incorporate outside time into each day.
Mia, Mommy and Daddy are having a blast and from what we can tell, so are you! We love you!! Happy 3 months!!!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment