Little Mia is 13 weeks old today! The time is just RACING past me! We are enjoying each moment with her. When Brad came home from work today we ate dinner and were sitting on the couch afterwards, relaxing. He was playing with Mia (I think it's her favorite part of the day) and I was laying down. He said, let me take you girls for a little drive. I'm like, okay, it would be good to see more of this town. He still had his work clothes on and just exchanged his dress shoes for flip flops. I grabbed my camera and Mia's carrier and off we went. We were having such a great time- the trees were gorgeous and of course I think it's so fun catching up from our days and just chatting.
Finally, Brad said, well, I think we're about half way to the coast. Want to go the rest of the way? I was unsure....Mia's bedtime was in a hour and did we have milk for her? were we really properly dressed & prepared? We'll figure it out, let's go! So off we went. We left on our 50 minute drive with temps in the mid-80's and clear, blue, beautiful skies. Once at the coast, we were driving in almost complete darkness inside a cloud. It was dark, 58 degrees, windy like you wouldn't believe, and oh.so.stinking.perfect! I LOVED IT! I put Mia in her carrier and then wrapped her in 6 blankets. There's *no* way my girl was cold! It was an extreme low tide so the ocean was beautiful and there were lots of people out. We walked down to the sand but didn't go further because of how we were dressed, etc. I felt so happy we at least had our wind breakers- hooray for not cleaning out the car like I was supposed to haha! We drove around, checked out a lighthouse we hadn't seen before, picked up warm clam chowder, and picked beautiful wild orange flowers. Mia got her milk and we drove back very late, finally getting in at 10pm.
Ahhhh but to see the ocean...it was all worth it!
See his sandals? :)
I'm a happy girl at the coast :)
Yup, she's under there! I put every blanket we had in the car on her including one of my sweaters
No comments:
Post a Comment