Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mia- 6 weeks

Dearest Mia,
It drives Daddy crazy that I always say 'it's your birthday!' every week on Thursday but it's true! You're 6 weeks old today and I love to celebrate it. In the last couple of weeks you have completely changed. We noticed last week that you discovered the mobile above your swing. It also has a mirror and you enjoy looking at that adorable baby. About four days ago we started to hear you coo and make all sorts of cute baby noises. Last night while we ate dinner, Daddy mainly sat with you on the couch and you stared at him like he was the only thing you wanted to see for the rest of your life. Then you started cooing at him and just telling him all about what was on your mind. It was so sweet. You have always been an exceptionally alert baby when you are awake and you're only becoming even more so. Daddy and I always look forward to when you're awake because you are way fun to be around! You make cute faces and there isn't usually much time that passes without one of us exclaiming, She's just SO cute!!! and giving you kisses and cuddles.

You still splay your toes when you're happy like when you're eating or looking out your window. Today you finally fit into some booties someone made for you but otherwise your long, skinny feet have been bare. I love your feet though and from the time you were born until present I still play with your feet while you eat. You are eating between 4 and 5 ounces about every 3 hours. A lot of people ask me if you're sleeping through the night yet. The truth is, even though you aren't and sometimes that makes Mommy very sleepy, I haven't really been pushing for you to do that. I enjoy our nights together. You're such a good baby and are patient while I warm up your bottle. I think I will be sad when you sleep through the night and I miss out on that time together.

Mia, you're getting bigger but at 6 weeks old you're still in your newborn clothes. Lately you've been sleeping a little more than usual so I'm wondering if you are in that growth spurt the doctor told me would happen about now.
Daddy and I have been wondering if your eyes, which were very dark blue at birth, would stay blue or go green. The last two weeks we've noticed your eyes turning a lighter shade of blue. I often sit with you so you're facing your window because it makes you so happy but also so I can see your beautiful eyes. Mommy's eyes are green but secretly I keep hoping you keep your sparkling blue eyes.

Haha, sometimes I call you my Little Who because you don't have much hair on the top of your head but you have 4 or 5 really really long hairs that stick straight up and are kind of kinky. They're about 2 inches long and blonde so they're hard to see. Just today I realized that your hair is actually coming back in already so it looks like you won't be bald for long!

Mommy and Daddy love being outside and enjoying summer. Each evening we have been taking you to the park for a walk. You are in your carseat in the stroller and we walk and walk. You are warm and content and sleep deeply. Even though you enjoy walks, your favorite time is still being in the water. The other day Mommy took you in the shower with her to see what you would think. We have never seen you so happy! You loved the water so much and weren't scared at all. Even when the water would bounce and sprinkle your face you never once complained or cried. You just kept blinking haha. Towards the end as the water would sprinkle your mouth, you kept sticking out your tongue as though you were licking an ice cream cone. We are definitely going to work on getting that on video because it's the cutest thing we've ever seen. Grandpa Lewis has a pool at his house where we will be living in a month and we can't wait to take you in the water and see what you think.

For your birthday today Mommy brought out the carrier we bought for you. Until now, you've been too small to fit in it but since it was a special day, we decided today was it! You have been sleeping in your carrier on Mommy all day and she has been in heaven. She cooked dinner, cleaned up, did the dishes, laundry, and now writing you this letter all without being away from you for a second and you being so content. Mommy and Daddy are very happy you like your carrier.

Mia, we love you. We are happily wrapped around your little fingers. We have devoted all our time and energy to being your parents and there's nothing we would rather be doing. Each day I think I wish she could stay like this forever! But then I instantly think, oh, but we have so much to teach you, little one! Grow! In short, we are loving each second we spend together. Happy 6 week birthday, my Darling. Mommy and Daddy love you so.
Oxoxox
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Erika, I always knew you would make a wonderful mother! I just love all these blog posts you're posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy six weeks Mia! You are the cutest family. Can't wait to be back and spend time with you before we part ways!

    ReplyDelete