Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dad & Mom come to Des Moines

We had such a great visit with Mom and Dad. They are so fun to be around and have an incredible amount of energy I just love it. Looking back, we really did a lot when they were here. They took us to Costco and loaded us up on formula, diapers, and food (oh my gosh thank you again M&D!). They helped us get the house ready for sale- especially Dad with his vent-painting, door-fixing, screen-repairing skills. We were incredibly grateful. 
It was interesting because they came out when we bought the house and helped us fix a few things at that time.
So, I suppose it was only fitting that they were also here when we....
sold the house!
We still have the inspection and appraisal to get through but we are hopeful everything will go well and we will be moving on July 13th as planned. God is mindful of us, as always. I have no idea why I worry :)

We took them to the Saturday downtown Farmers Market. Oh I will miss going there! I love the smells... the variety...the food...people watching...samples...everything. It's my happy place. It was a new event taking Mia with us but she enjoyed the heat and my walking, and slept the entire time!


Mia bonded with Mom and Dad right away. I was actually kind of taken aback at how quickly she responded to them but then again I shouldn't have been surprised at all :) Dad insisted on getting Mia roses. They were beautiful and I'm glad I got a few pictures of them together with the flowers.


Entranced by Grandpa :)

Dad had to leave Monday and Mom stayed until Wednesday. As we were packing up Dads things Monday morning he mentioned he was bummed we didn't get a picture of all five of us together. Well, Dad and I have a few strong similarities and picture taking is definitely one of them. I was still in my PJs but I jumped up, showered and got ready in record time and we stopped by Brads school while he was on a break before heading to the airport. I'm so glad we took the time to get these pictures! Next time we'll all be here will be in 11 months when Brad is robed as a physician!






1 comment:

  1. I love all the sweet pictures. Especially the close up with grandpa. What a great family :)

    ReplyDelete