Wednesday, June 12, 2013

5 weeks

 Wow. So much has been going on. In a few hours our little princess will be 5 weeks! Mom and Dad came for a visit...it was so fun to have them here. They helped us a ton but I think the best part was watching them bond with Mia. They were so sweet with her. I'll post more pictures from that visit later. 

I know I've not been that great about blogging lately. It's been a new challenge to find our balance between all that needs to get done and all that I want to do. Haha then Mia will throw up and all my 'plans' will change haha. Our entire universe rotates around her and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. I love Mothering her. She is such a good, patient little girl. She's still a great eater and is growing a lot. I have been wanting to weigh her lately and apparently it's been on my mind because I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was at the grocery store and, after sneakily looking around to see if anyone was watching, I put Mia in one of the fruit/veggie scales. Haha yeah. Don't worry. Not real life. But I can still picture what she would look like and it makes me laugh!

Christy, our case worker, came for the final home study visit today. That went well and those papers will go in our file that will be presented to the judge for finalization. Some things in life are, perhaps, random but I still think it's incredible that the day Mia is legally our daughter is ten years to the day (and almost the hour!) that Brad and I met. We met June 17th 2003 and our first date was on the 19th. I can still remember everything about when I met him. I was wearing a blue 3/4 sleeve shirt and khakis and had just driven down from Portland. He was in a button up short sleeve shirt and shorts. His hair was short. He was adorable :) He seemed unsure of what to say so I asked him on a date ha ha. Lucky for me, he said yes and here we are ten years later two of the most content, blessed people I know. Mia fits right in with us and being her parents has been a literal dream come true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment