When I realized we would be spending Easter in Utah I was really happy. As we have traveled around the country, we have kind of been following the tulips and other Spring flowers. Utah's were just coming alive as we got there and it seemed there was color at every turn. The day before Easter was a gorgeous one and I wanted to get her 11 month pictures so we decided to go to Temple Square. Lots and lots of people go there- and many of them are not LDS. It's truly a beautiful and spiritual place. It was magical taking her around and seeing the Christus. I loved explaining Christ's sacrifice to her, even though she is so young. I will tell her again, and again and again because it's that important. I couldn't help feeling the weight of being a parent when we were there. Such a responsibility we have. I'm beyond grateful to have such a little angel to grow and learn with Brad and I.
We were having way too much fun throwing her high up in the air! Every time she would squeal with delight as if to say, faster Daddy! Higher Daddy!
These two melt my heart. This is our computer background right now.
This is the picture I used for her birthday announcements and was also pretty much the only picture of just her where she's looking up. She was fascinated by the rocks.grass.dirt.sticks(notice her hands).flowers.AIR. lol and Would NOT Look up! Sigh. She's still my favorite subject to photograph though :)
For all the rice in China I could not get her to look at me lol
Brad took this picture. I love her inquisitive eyes.
Easter this year was a treat for several reasons- of course it was Mia's first, so that was neat. In all the years Brad and I have spent Easter together, I have always done a little basket for him with goodies and just tried to make it fun. For some reason this year I totally dropped the ball. So when I woke up and saw two baskets on the couch I....I mean, I seriously cannot tell you how flabbergasted I was. Where in the world did these come from??? Not once in 10 years has Brad done a basket for me. I was suspecting it was the cute couple we were staying with but how did she know my favorite things- it was filled with all my favorite stuff!f When Brad said it was him, aka the cutest Easter bunny Ever, I couldn't believe it. I could've kissed him for a year. I love a good surprise!
For Easter Sunday dinner we got together with Brad's Aunt, Uncle, and cousin (and her friend) for dinner. We almost missed the whole thing because Brad woke up with such terrible seasonal allergies he was sneezing- literally- 2-3x's a minute for over an hour. Nothing seemed to give him relief. Luckily it subsided on it's own and we were able to go at the last minute. We are very close to these family members. We have many things in common and have spent several holidays with them over the years, and especially the years we were living in Utah. We've missed them terribly and it was such a joy to spend time together again. Mia had a blast playing with the toys they brought out from when Brad's cousin was little- I feel like the older toys are much sturdier and are so brilliant! Mia played on the floor for quite awhile, perfectly entertained to put the cups inside one another, over and over again.













No comments:
Post a Comment