For Mia's 1st Birthday we decided to do a You are My Sunshine party theme. The invitations turned out darling and the cake smashing the day before went awesome so all that was left was a low-key family party! We had planned to go to the park but with the threat of rain, we decided to do it outside under the porch at Mom and Dad's house. Luckily, the rain held out until the very end when we left the covered porch to gather for a group picture- then it came down!! We are so grateful to everyone who came out for Mia's day!
I did a picture timeline to show how much she's changed over the last year. We had a regular cake and a gluten-free cake as well as cookies, sunshine shaped rice krispies, and of course, lemon drops!
After she ate her slice of cake she made us all laugh as she grabbed the plate and licked it clean- literally!
Isn't this cake adorable?! Britini does amazing work!
Here's Mia and her little best friend, Ev. They're so cute!
This is her "More cake, please, Mom?" look :) It didn't happen ha ha
She got a lot of new books this birthday, and no duplicates with was great.
I love this one of her holding the doll I got her while I help her open more presents. I had picked out matching dolls months ago for Ev and Mia's first birthdays, which are only 19 days apart. I had been so excited to give them to the girls!
The girls and their dolls :)
Drew and Anna came a long ways to be there that day. We were so grateful to have them and it was such a fun weekend!
Oh man. When we opened this baby doll that Brad's parents got for Mia...the excitement was undeniable. She was THRILLED! As soon as we took it out of the box she started squealing and kissing the baby. It was adorable and had all of us awww-ing!
The whole gang. Thanks everyone!!!


















So fun!!
ReplyDelete