Wednesday, April 9, 2014

11 Months

My Dearest Amelia,

You were the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. You usually are. I was laying there astounded that 11 months have gone by since the day I first laid eyes on you. It has gone too quickly for me. You are at such a fun stage right now. I am really loving it. Your crawling has gotten quicker and you're able to maneuver much better. The other day after bath I was letting you dry out when you crawled away from me, laughing hard as you squealed down the hall. I crawled after you, chasing you through the living room, under the desk, pinching your cute little bum all the way. It is a sweet memory for me...seeing your face so happy and knowing how badly you wanted to play with me. You're much better at the 'come get me' game now, haha, when I first tried to play, a few weeks back, I said, I'm gonna get you, I'm gonna get you! and you laughed and crawled towards me. Oh it was so sweet to this Mama. But it only took a couple times and you were more than willing to get away, looking back frequently to make sure I really was coming, because, after all, getting caught is the best part!

A week ago you said Mom, Mommy, Mama, Mamamamamama all in the same day. It startled me when you were at my feet and suddenly you look up and yell, clear as day, "MOM!". That sure got my attention. Since then  you say my name frequently but only when you seem to be in distress- tired, hungry, or just a little cranky. I have a feeling those top teeth are giving you some pain lately. I wish they would just make their grand appearance and stop torturing you already! I still can't help liking that you know my name now, even though it's usually part of a wail. I have a feeling you've been able to say it for awhile now...such a little stinker :)

You are still grabbing onto everything and pulling yourself up and walking along. We have been trying to practice your balance to be able to walk but I think you're still a little ways off- which is completely fine with me! This crawling stage is so much fun. Yes, you're into everything, but I still truly love it. It seems that you are more mischievous lately. For example, I have warned you about power outlets a million times. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and we were playing and talking. I turned to the cupboard to grab some baby food for your lunch and when I turned back around you are licking the outlet. As I say, No!, you look up at me with this coy little smile...oh, it does make me laugh but goodness girl! I'm trying to keep you safe! Help a Mama out for once :) You know several commands now- "Come here", "Here!", "Look!", "No.", "Mia", and others that you look at me like, I know what you're saying, I am just going to make a different decision haha. About a week ago you surprised me when I said, Okay, let's go, grab your (toy) kitty! And then you did! I couldn't believe it and it really made me stop and think that you are absorbing way more than you let on! Smart girl.

You enjoy reading books with us, and your favorite book is still Five Little Pumpkins. Daddy reads to you each night and you and I read during the day. Currently your favorite toys are still the ones that aren't meant to be toys- tupperware, measuring spoons, baskets, buckets, anything you can get a hold of, basically. You thoroughly enjoy getting a hold of the wipes container and, as fast as you possibly can, which surprisingly is quite fast, pulling them out and then ripping them into tiny shreds so they are completely useless. Good thing you're so darn cute!

You still love to have your back scratched and will sit still for so long while I rub and scratch your back. It's remarkable to watch you all day, in constant motion, and then to have you sit so still and relaxed. Last night you had a slight fever and were pretty upset. I think those teeth are giving you grief again. I pulled you into bed with me and sang to you and rubbed your back. It soothed you and you eventually wanted back in your bed. You went right back to sleep, to our delight!

Darling, I love you. You are my Sunshine. Daddy and I love being your parents and our lives happily revolve around you. Soon you will be walking and talking and doing all kinds of big girl things but for now I'm happy to have you little, thrilled to be your Mama, and beyond blessed to spend every day with you. I love you,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment