Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Smash that Cake!

I desperately tried not to let Pinterest win on Mia's first birthday.
The urge to go completely overboard was strong, let me tell you. But with everything going on, luckily, logic prevailed and I think we pulled off a super cute, but simple, birthday for our little Sunshine.

Mia has always looked great in yellow. Whenever she wears it, we both end up commenting on it at least a couple of times that day. And since "You are My Sunshine" is a song we sing a lot in our family, I thought it would be the perfect theme. She is the brightest ray of sunshine in our lives and brings us joy we never thought possible.

Since her birthday fell on a Friday this year, her actual day was kind of low key. She came downstairs for breakfast to new jammies and got to have honey nut Cheerios for the first time. She got to wear her birthday outfit with the ruffly skirt while Grandma DeKorte and I painted her nails for the first time- yellow to match. She didn't exactly hold still but afterwards was mesmerized by the pretty color on her nails. Then after morning nap and lunch we went to Aunt Holly's where I had set up a smash the cake photo shoot. Brad's cousin makes the most amazing cakes and we had her do one for this- it was perfect! This was one of the ideas I saw on Pinterest that I just had to do, and I am SO glad we did!












  At first she thought it was just for playing and didn't realize she could eat it. I gave her a taste and after that, she didn't need any more encouraging at all!













Can you tell I had a difficult time choosing which pictures to post? Can you blame me????

1 comment: