Thursday was so fun. Brad was going to be working the night shift so he ended up having the day off. It was a little cold but not too bad and oh my gosh it was so beautiful and sunny. We are living very close to the ferry port right now (as in, we could walk if we wanted to) and so this little ferry ride over to Port Gamble was no biggie. It was Mia's first time on a boat, though, and she loved it! When we first got on and parked we headed to the top deck to take her out and show her the Sound.
((There are so many pictures on this post because Mia is just so darn cute and I couldn't pick. Well, I did kind of pick since I took over 200 pictures, but yeah, ya know...))


When we got to the other side we looked up the tide charts and realized it was still low tide so we headed over to a park right on the water. There were swing sets (which she didn't love like she did last time, sad) and we walked all along the beach. There were SO many shells, crabs, and clams but the real highlight was finding about 5 sand dollars. Brad actually spotted them which was amazing because they blended in very well with the rocks. The tide was also low enough we saw a few pink and purple sea anemones so that was fun.
Letting her touch the crab
Brad and I both Scuba certified in the Puget Sound. Seeing the water so crystal clear really made us itch to go diving again
Side story: It sounds crazy, I know, but in 9 months I have not gotten a single pair of shoes (and rarely socks) to stay on this little girl's feet for more than 5 seconds. She rips them right off as soon as she can. I have tried so many pairs and was starting to give up. While I was in Houston I went to a children's shoe store and when I told the lady my dilemma she told me about Robeez. So when I was at a sale recently with my friend Sarah and saw this pair of boots I flipped. They.Are.Amazing. She has not been able to get them off ONCE and they're made with soft leather and this cute fur in the inside. Around the ankle is a strong elastic that keeps them on. Halleluja. So anyway.... Robeez rock!!!
After the beach we went to this cute little restaurant that overlooked the port. I had left my purse in the car so I didn't have any toys with me so we kept Princess entertained with the water cup (to her great pleasure).
And maybe a cloth napkin too :)
Our waitress told us that the entire upstairs of the restaurant was actually a seashell museum. It was pretty amazing since every single piece had come from one man's collection. Anyway, it was free so we went up. Right at the top was this case and when I saw this shell I was like WHOA! That's SO cool! I made Brad take my picture and everything. Then we went around the other side and realized it was a replica. lol Oh well :)
She was fading fast...
And didn't make it onto the sidewalk in front of the restaurant before she was out cold. So much excitement!!
Right now finances are a little tight until July when Brad starts his residency but we really could not resist this little crab. She ended up loving it and has been playing with it a lot. This girl is so sweet!
Back on the ferry to go back Mia woke up and this time we decided to stay in the car and play.
What a fun day together as a family. I felt so grateful to be together and to have our little darling with us!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment