Amelia
I probably tell you this a lot but in the last four weeks I have watched you change more than ever before. It seems like literally every single day you are doing something new. Since we left Texas you are crawling with more coordination and determination. When we walk into a room and I set you down, the first thing you do now is crawl over to whatever you think you can use to pull yourself up on. And boy do you stand up fast. Once you're up you are so excited and start thumping the {basket/couch/coffee table/etc} with your hands. Lately you are getting bold enough to hold on with one hand and grab something with the other. That usually results in you falling down on your bum and startles you but it does not deter you for long and you're back up again. It's darling to watch you figure out how to maneuver your limbs and think through the situation you are in and where you want to be.
Suddenly, your personality is...everywhere. I can't explain it. It's like you've been trapped and now you've broken free and want the world to know it. Previously, you hadn't cared if I passed you off to someone new to hold and love on you. It didn't bother you at all for me to leave the room. About three weeks ago that all seemed to change. Someone came by to say hello and I went to give you to them and you leaned into me and tucked your arm in and was very clear about what your thought was on the matter. I loved that you were able to tell me what you wanted and so you stayed with Mama.
Around that same time I was in the bedroom with you and just needed to grab something around the corner. I was only gone ten seconds when I hear the thud thud thud of your palms smacking the floor and the excited rapid breathing you do when crawling with purpose. I looked around to see what was going on and there you came right for me. You knew where I had gone and you wanted to be with me. I picked you up and gave you big cuddles. It was just so endearing to know you wanted to be with me.
And again, also around that same time you gave your Mama kisses for the first time. It was a special moment I won't forget.... you had just hit your foot or something had happened to make you cry. We were in your room and the lights were low and after I held you to comfort you suddenly you leaned back. You looked right into my eyes so still. Then you reached out for my face and touched the side of my cheek. Then, very very slowly you leaned your head in towards mine and put your mouth over mine. After a fairly long time (30 seconds perhaps?) you laid your head on my shoulder and let me rock you to sleep. Each move was so deliberate, calm, and precise for one so young. It caught me off guard and melted my heart.
On Monday the 27th of Jan you cut your first tooth. You had thrown a full on tantrum before morning nap and before afternoon nap but I figured you were just overtired. I had never seen you act that way before but you seemed better when you woke up so I figured whatever was going on had passed. That night after we got back from the office where Daddy had to fix my fingers I had cut we were in the kitchen. You started gumming on Daddy's finger and suddenly he lets out a whoop! THAT HURT! He said, there's a tooth in there! I came over saying, yeah yeah we've thought that before....but there it was. Bottom left in all her white cute little glory. We were so proud of you. You had handled the pain very well and were such a good girl.
Some cute things.... You hate peaches. In all forms haha. You have a favorite song on the Hymn CD- it makes you instantly relax and fall asleep. Lately you are interested in faces and want to touch mine and Daddy's all the time. We are working on being soft and not trying to claw our faces off haha. You do not like anyone or anything to touch your face, however. You act as if your world is ending each time I must wipe your face, put lotion on your dry cheeks, or, heaven forbid I would want to feel your gums for a tooth or give you medicine. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm hoping "this too shall pass". I would say 9 times out of 10 if your eyes are suddenly exposed to any type of light, you will sneeze. Usually twice :). Lately you have begun to 'fake cough' to get my attention. I feel unsure what you want, however, when you do it and I'm already holding you looking right at you. ?? haha. A baby mystery! You really hate to crawl on anything but carpet. You used to sit right at the edge and play, refusing to cross the line into horrible linoleum territory but now you have started to venture over. It's funny though because you dislike it so much you crawl differently, all wonky trying to figure it all out. Makes us laugh every time. Your newest coolest best thing is to drink from a cup. Ohhhh boy if we sat there and you drank water from my cup all day long you would be thrilled. Sometimes as you squeal and kick your legs and reach your arms for the cup you actually shake you are so excited to drink the water. You especially like to share from our cups but you're also happy with a sippy cup. You haven't figured out how to hold it up and drink from it yourself though so you like me to sit with you and help you. You enjoy food from our plates, too. I haven't found anything you don't like yet! Today we had big slices of cucumber and I let you just suck and gnaw on it. That made you really happy to have your little treat and sit with us like a big girl. Your most favorite thing in the whole world is to watch little kids play. The very best is if they interact with you, but in truth, that's not really necessary for you to have the time of your life. You quite literally laugh out loud with joy as they run, jump, and play around you. You are incredibly social. We were in the grocery store for under 20 minutes a few days ago and I would guess we left there with no less than 20 new friends you had made. Someone will be walking by, busy, doing their thing and you will just be staring right at them giving them the biggest smile ever. You'll catch their eye and as they look down at you, you giggle and they can't help but smile back and talk to you. I literally lost count of how many times this happened in a mere 20 minute span. You make me want to be a better person, Amelia.
Today we woke up and there was beautiful snow all around. You've seen some snow but never really interacted with it. I told you it was a birthday gift just for you- the peaceful white fluff all around. We bundled up and put you in your new bunny suit and went outside. We built a snowman and let you sit in the snow. You grabbed snow and of course ate it right away and made cute faces as we took a ton of pictures. Daddy and I can't wait until you're bigger and we'll take you sledding and skiing and yes, you can learn to snowboard if you want :)
Sweetheart, I love being your Mommy. Every time you wake up from a nap or in the morning, you are a happy girl. You give us smiles that light up our world. I want to teach you everything and get so excited for you to get bigger and yet all the while I can't help but miss the Mia of yesterday. Every single day you have been getting bigger and changing a ton. I know that probably seems like an obvious thing to say but it's true. Mia, I love you more each second. My heart often feels like it could burst I just feel so....fulfilled. Being a wife to Daddy and being your Mother are two of my favorite things. Kisses to you
Oxoxoxox
Love
Mommy
<3
ReplyDelete