Sunday, March 9, 2014

10 Months!

Dearest,

You are such a fun and spunky little girl these days. You enjoy getting into pretty much everything and exploring your world. Lately it seems you are less interested in toys and much more curious about the TV remote, using anything to stand up, stairs, cords, power outlets, and anything else I say "no" to. I am working hard at keeping up my goal of not saying "no" all day to you and instead redirecting your attention to something better. You keep me on my toes but it's good for me and I love the chance to always be close to you.

Recently you have started to reach for people as a way to say hello! I love you! I'm glad to see you! It's pretty darn cute and although you don't use words, your expression and mannerisms make it clear what you are thinking. You still are such a people-person. Sometimes you will even try talking to the happy people we see in pictures on the walls. That cracked me up- when you saw them smiling, you smiled and laughed back. Reminded me of the pictures on Harry Potter!

Well darling, we are finally past the 9-month sleep regression. Someday when you are reading these and you have a little sweetheart of your own and you call me in the middle of the night about your own baby, I will simply say, it will pass. You are finally sleeping much better. It was incredibly difficult there for 3-4 weeks as you woke up 5+ times a night and wouldn't nap during the day. But we are past that and it's glorious on the other side haha! Through it all you were such a cutie I think you just had so many thoughts going through your mind you weren't able to fall asleep. I can't wait until you are able to speak and tell me about all you think about.

For your 10-month-birthday we took you to the coast. We also brought along your best friend, Evolet and Uncle Danny and Aunt Holly. We had an amazing trip and you loved sitting on the warm sand and being at the ocean. You got to see hermit crabs and sea creatures and listen to the waves crash. We took you to two lighthouses (although you slept in the car when we were at Cape Blanco) and Daddy let you play with driftwood to your hearts content. I can tell you're going to love it there as much as Daddy and I do and it was an extra special trip having our best friends with us.

When we returned from the coast we went over to see Great Grandma & Grandpa DeKorte. We were only there an hour when she taught you two new tricks! You held your own bottle AND learned to cluck your tongue- a feat you have been wanting to do for about 4 months. I was pretty proud of you and vowed more visits to Great Grandmas house! They adore you and light up when they see you. One time I tried to trick Grandma and said that I came over without you. She wouldn't let me in the house and told me to get back in the car and go get you. Then and only then would I be allowed in. HA! Lucky for me you were just in the car, quietly playing along, so we were granted entrance and had a nice visit.

Sweetie, Daddy and I are just crazy about you. We were laughing at dinner last night when all our conversations were wrapped around you. Each time we would attempt to talk about something different it would always circle back to you. You have our hearts and loving you has been one of the greatest sources of joy in our lives. As you are growing up we look for opportunities to share the love our Savior has for us all. We pray together, have family home evening, and do our best to incorporate the Gospel into your world. I hope when you read these letters someday you know that you were an answer to, I believe literally, millions of prayers. We love you so very much little darling.

Hugs and Kisses in heaps and mounds,
oxoxox
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment