Monday, January 28, 2013

On Cloud 9 over here...


Brad was so cute. He found the perfect spot for the album of baby girl :) 
Fitting to have the temple above her and Grandpa DeKorte's rolling pin beside her.
I've been getting a lot of texts, emails, phone calls, and facebook messages giving words of encouragement and love. It makes us feel awesome to know so many people are here to buoy us up and give us advice and support.

Everyone is asking how they can help us. They know we don't have 40 weeks, we only have 16 (ok...111 days left!!!!!) which I think is plenty but it's already confusing thinking what do I really need? What will I need when we are staying in the state she is born, waiting for the ICPC approval so we can leave the state?  What about when we're home? Then it's off to Oregon and should I drive out there with her or have my loving husband do that and me & Darling meet him there via plane?

Luckily I'm at a point in my life where we look at all this we need to do and make decisions on and instead of getting stressed, we just smile and say, "it'll all work out" :)

No, but seriously, send advice!!!!! lol

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the comments, prayers, and love. We have felt encased in a warm blanket of happiness and support these last few days and our cup runneth over. Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. I'll send you an email about some stuff re waiting for ICPC in TX and what you will really need (and not need) when the baby is born. But I just wanted to chime in and say I am SO happy for you guys! And if you are interested in an amazing newborn photographer, ours was incredible and we LOVED her (although she was pricey). I'll try to remember to send you her info too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting things happening for you soon! My only comment is about the "traveling to Oregon" part. It is completely up to you two. I've never traveled a very long distance with a newborn, but my mom did with me. She has always said that driving with newborns is so easy because they practically sleep the whole way and only wake up to feed. The nice thing about flying is that it's a much shorter trip, but because I'm a bit of a "germ-a-phobe" I worry about what germs could get on or around a new baby, but there are people who do that and their babies are just fine :) Good luck with all the prep!!! You guys will do great!!

    ReplyDelete