We had the best Christmas this year! A few highlights:
-Simply being in Oregon was food for our souls. We love it there and kept saying things that made our family members look at us funny. Like, Look that the TREES!!! Can you smell that in the air? Smells lovely! See, no humidity freezing your rear off...yayayayayay! We never have gotten over how much we love the terrain in Oregon.
-Seeing all but 2 of our family members- on both sides (my two sisters who were in Texas). M.i.r.a.c.l.e.
-A white Christmas.
-Getting to listen to the DeKortes sing on Christmas Day. And me actually remembering to record it.
-Brad getting to practice his emergency medicine skills. Ahem. On me. Not so fun but I took a tumble on my way out of the vehicle. All is well, though. Brad re-set my hip and now I just have a pretty bruise for my take home prize. (he did fantastic by the way!)
-Going to Cold Stone where my brother works, tipping him, which forced him to sing, and then me lovingly recording it for future posterity.
-Giving my niece and nephew their Christmas gifts which I labored over for months. Seeing them open them was all worth it, though. I'll post about that more on here soon.
-Giving my Dad his car mats for the Mercedes he has been asking for for oh...only four years or so haha. Better late than never!!
-Playing card games with Grandma DeKorte. I look forward to it each time we are together!
-On the way back to southern Oregon, the main road was closed due to so much snow and ice. We had to take an alternate route, one that lead us through our old college town. It was crazy the memories that came flooding back as we drove through. Even crazier was to think that in a not too distant future, we may be attending residency there!
-Overall, we felt most blessed to have a holiday focused on family and on Christ. I felt Him and His spirit especially strong this Christmas. We put in extra effort to make Him the focus and I feel it paid off ten fold. We are so blessed to have Christ as our Redeemer and our Savior.
We are happy to ring in 2013 and hope this is the best year yet!

It sounds like you had a fun time, minus the emergency medicine part. Yikes! I love the picture. You guys are so sweet together.
ReplyDeleteI think 2013 will be your best year yet. :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete