Sunday, January 27, 2013

Houston & Happiness

We have very officially determined that January 2013 has been our favorite month- 
well, so far...
And I started it off right by getting a part time job at a local surgeon's office. It's a dream job because of how flexible the hours are and the setting is just perfect. 
The day after I got the job I boarded a plane to Houston to visit my sister, her husband, and their daughter. She is at the cutest stage! Me & my forward-facing camera phone quickly became a favorite so I have...ahem...hundreds of pictures of she and I laughing, looking, smiling, and making funny faces into the camera. We packed a ton into my 7 day trip...


Miss Averie and I at Costco sharing a berry shake

Someone just woke up from nap time and was a happy girl :)

Us at the zoo. See those beautiful blue eyes?

My awesome friend Jenn and I. We've been friends since High School and she now lives not far from my sister. Seeing her and her family was a highlight for sure! One day we met just us for lunch...

and later in the week I traveled to her house. We went to the beach (she lives about 15 minutes away) and it was incredibly warm, sunny, beautiful, and it was just us on a deserted beach! I was missing my hunny so I might have sent a love picture... :)

Sister and I got a mani/pedi. We were laughing because this isn't something we normally do and we were guessing the last time was on my last visit over a year ago! 

I LOVE this picture. Averie wanted to copy everything I was doing and as I was sitting outside basking in the gorgeous 70+ degree Houston weather I leaned back, closed my eyes and just relaxed. Well, sister had the phone handy apparently and snapped this picture of Averie mimicking me. So cute!

Sister and I at the zoo as we were leaving. She is my best friend and my closest confidant. I miss her every day we are apart and can't wait to see her later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment