Friday, November 2, 2012

Birthday

Monday was my birthday and it was a memorable one! Because of some work Brad and I couldn't actually be together on my birthday. We celebrated a little before the day and will celebrate more this weekend... sounded pretty good to me! One thing about our family is birthdays are kind of a big deal. We love to celebrate and birthdays are the perfect excuse! Even though Brad and I weren't together on my actual day, it still ended up being pretty awesome because I got to hang out with my friends and their daughter (who is 2) all day! We went to the zoo (the aquarium is one of two exhibits we went to and is my absolute favorite) and I was able to practice more of my low-light and rapidly-moving subject photography haha. Her daughter is fast! Anyway afterwards we went to eat some yummy gelato from this place I had heard was featured on Oprah and Martha Stewart and a whole bunch of other places. It was amazing! We will certainly go back...  you know.... so Brad can try! ;)
After that it was a Costco run where I found some of those gloves with the metallic tips so they work with touch phones (it gets cold in the Midwest!) and lots and lots of samples! Then Chinese food and watched a show. It was a pretty awesome day. I got flowers from Brad's parents who are in Hawaii on vacation right now- how sweet is that? They are so thoughtful. I don't have many pictures and all the ones from the zoo are on my big camera not my phone but here are a few so you can get a taste for the day...





1 comment: