We are always trying to come up with ideas of how someone can get to know us... how they can get a glimpse into our lives. We're very open people and will probably answer any question you have but on a blog it's harder because we're talking into nothing! haha yeah, it's more challenging :)
Anyway, we thought we'd show some of the art we have in our home.... we love our pictures. These are all unique and special to us in some way or another. We don't have anything on the walls that's just 'thrown up' there. This isn't the whole group... we also have an owl drawing in the office and some pictures of Christ as well as others. But since the living room in under total re-do here's a few for now.
This is a numbered print of the Nauvoo Temple. Mom and Dad DeKorte came for a whole week after we bought our first home and helped us with a few projects. They bought this for us as a house-warming gift. It's quite large and we love it.
This is a small original watercolor we picked up when we were vacationing in Maine last summer. You can't tell, but the colors on the water are beautiful and we knew it was the perfect piece.
This is a signed print I bought in a small Amish town in Pennsylvania when we were living there.
These two signed prints are small but mean a ton to me. When we were living in PA for a year, midway through that year, Brad had to go live in Utah to go to BYU and I had to stay back in PA to complete my required externship. I had no family (on my side) in the area but ended up becoming really close with Brad's Aunt and Uncle (who I fondly call Tia and Oom) who lived in Baltimore. Even after Brad was gone I used to drive down there and spend weekends with them sometimes. We rode bikes all over the city and they showed me so many things. When I left and graduated I got a package from them- it was these pictures which were painted by a Baltimore artist and are specifically places they took me on our travels around the city. They are one of the best gifts I have ever received.
This is a photograph that was taken by a very good friend of ours. I used to pass this building, called the Star Barn, in PA on my way to work. It is a beautiful structure built by a family in the 1800's. You can read more about it here: http://www.thestarbarn.com/
Anyway when I saw our friend had taken this picture I immediately asked if I could buy a print from him and have him sign it. He did and we got it custom framed and matted.
Brad's Grandpa passed away when he was on his mission in 2001. His Grandma is a nurse and was determined to go on a mission herself. They had always planned to go together but then Grandpa got sick and they couldn't go. I was so proud of her... she did it she actually submitted her papers and was assigned to be the mission nurse in Ecuador. She was there for almost two years and had a wonderful time. She brought back many treasures and this is one she gave to us. It's an original watercolor which we had treated to prevent fading and have it in special museum glass so you can better appreciate the colors and there isn't any glare.





No comments:
Post a Comment