Ok so I had meant to post this a few weeks ago but hadn't gotten around to it yet with the holiday and everything. One thing you might like to know about us is that we really like Halloween and October is one of our most favorite months of the whole year. We would gladly pick it over say July or December any day! Besides it being my birthday month, there's just something magical about the change of these seasons. About feeling that crispness in the air and knowing you'll be gladly eating chili and bread sticks for dinner tonight.
Currently, Halloween and Christmas are the only two holidays I really have decorations for but I have been adding to these collections each year. Right after the holiday there are usually some crazy good sales and I pick up an item or two and have it for the following year. It gives me something to look forward to and I save a bundle! This year I felt like I really scored. As soon as I saw this calendar I knew it would be perfect as it brought back memories of when I was growing up.
We had a calendar type thing for Christmas and my siblings and I were all so excited to move to the next day, to open the box with the day written on it. This one has a little white ghost (see it next to the 22nd?) on a black string and you move it to the next pocket/day as you get closer to the 31st. As I stood there in the store I felt the idealist in me flash forward X years when we have little ones and all the anticipation and excitement as holidays get closer. About teaching patience and how long "a day" or "a week" or "a month" is. I thought about how fun it will be when the last day of September comes around and we start pulling out our decorations together, knowing these fun things and the calendar will be going up. I know it seems like a small thing, but I'm truly looking forward to these moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment