Monday, November 21, 2011

Inspiration

With so many people in our lives that have helped us, cared for us, prayed over us, and loved us I feel almost strange writing about people who have completely changed and influenced my life and our decisions. And they have no idea.

I was looking through adoption profiles on it'saboutlove.org one day and found a couple, Paul and Amy who were hoping to adopt. At the bottom of their profile, they had a link to their blog. That was last winter and I have been following their beautiful story ever since. And I have felt sort of selfish keeping them to myself when they have helped us progress in ways, even were I to contact them, they could never understand. They are a beautiful testament to how this entire process can work. And does work. Lest you think I'm a wee bit crazy, here is an excerpt from Kayli's blog (the birthmom):

" Please feel free to talk to me about my story any time. I love to talk about it and welcome any opportunity. Please don't feel that bringing it up will rub a sore spot in my heart - every time I am able to share my testimony and spread the joyful news of adoption I heal a little more. If you ever come across anyone who could benefit from talking to a birth mother who rejoices in her decision and looks back without regret, please pass on my contact information. "


See? Yeah, she's amazing, too. How cool they all found each other. We can only hope. But anyway, I thought I would just post their blogs on here because, well, we have learned a ton from them and I thought, since we are on this journey together, you'd like to know. Tonight we feel grateful for the internet that we can all find each other and stay connected. For those who have gone before us and shown us the way.


http://thehouseofnash.blogspot.com/
http://becomingkayli.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment