What a busy time this has turned out to be for our little family! Last Thursday I had my personal interview with our case worker, Christy at the stake center. When we left, I couldn't believe I'd been there almost three hours! Time really does fly. When we were leaving I asked {my typical} what next? question. She said that now that everything is in, all that needs to happen is she will type up our interviews and home study. Once that is done, we will be able to have our profile up online at itsaboutlove.org.
She is hoping for December.
But we are actually approved now so lets says say someone were to contact us about a placement, we would be totally ready and eligible to adopt! We couldn't possibly be more excited! After that meeting I was all geared up to get my photography going and to put fliers up and start networking. But then we realized we had these "lessons"(I don't know what they're actually called) to complete.... so those have been taking a lot of our time. I will say that although they take a lot of time, I feel that the instruction in them and the learning we have gotten from them has been the best so far of anything I've read. I felt that it appealed to not only my logical side but my emotional and spiritual sides. It answered many questions we had such as
When can we bless the baby?
When can we go to the temple?
When will we get a birth certificate/SS card with their name one it (with our last name)?
What does a birth father go through emotionally? How do they handle it?
What's most appropriate in ____ situation?
Is it okay for me to feel ____?
There are 8 of them and 20 pages each with a quiz at the end. The quizzes are multiple choice, fill in the blank, and short answer so they take some thought and time. That's one thing about the adoption process- although I don't always post online what we're working on, I feel as though I literally work on things each and every day. Sometimes all day- like today! In so many ways it feels wonderful to have something to do. Busy work can be a blessing! And the good thing is that it won't really stop. There will always be more we can do- they key is not to get overwhelmed.
I will be doing some Q/A on here with some of the new information I've learned because many of our family and friends have the same questions that we did. I'm excited to share the answers! I love how involved those who are close to us want to be. We are so blessed. We are so thankful. We can't make our family 3!
Yay! I'm glad you're approved - not like there would have been any question. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you guys!!! So happy for you.
ReplyDelete