Saturday, November 9, 2013

Half a year old!

Princessa,

What an emotional day this has been for Daddy and I. This morning Grandma DeKorte and I ran an errand while you and Daddy hung out. You played and had so much fun together. Soon, you became hungry and as Daddy rocked you, you became sleepy. I'm sure it was warm and comfy in his arms and you slowly drifted off. He told me later how he just melted watching you sleep. He felt, as I often do as I rock you, the warmth of moisture in his eyes and the burning in his heart. You are such a good girl, Amelia. You rarely cry or fuss and are incredibly quick to give us smiles. As we watch you learn and grow we never miss an opportunity to thank our Father in Heaven for the gift that you are. Today both Mommy and Daddy have gotten emotional just seeing your sweet face and being around your lively spirit. Although as a couple we have been together more than 10 years, lately we can't quite remember who those people were...the Brad and Erica without Amelia. The truth is, they're in the past and we are thrilled with where we are and can only look forward to the brightest possible future- with you in it.

Mia, you are not so easily entertained these days. Ha! :) What Mommy means is, lately you want to play with more interesting toys. Objects that make you curious or wonder are your favorites. Books have suddenly become much more enjoyable and we have been having a good time with that. You have some new favorites, a couple Halloween pumpkin books that your birthfamily sent. One is a paper pop up book and I'm hoping it makes it to next year! You used to play quietly just with your hands or feet and now although those are still awesomely-attached toys, you are ready for more. You love peek-a-boo and we can get a reaction every.single.time. We adore watching you smile and laugh. Speaking of giggling, boy are you a funny girl. If you're just a tad overtired you get goofy! Like a 12 year old girl laughing at a slumber party after too much mountain dew goofy haha oh man it's hilarious. I can do **anything** and you will bust up laughing with tears running down your cheeks and everything. Then, less than 5 minutes later, if I stop making you laugh and lay you down, you're out cold! We never get tired of making you smile and I hope you never get bored of us and the silly things we do to try to entertain you.

Having not grown up in the world of constant technology, we had no idea how early the fascination the world of technology would start for you. TV and iphones are an irresistible draw for you as we try to steer you towards more traditional toys. Right now we are staying at Grandma and Grandpas house who have TV so enjoy it while it lasts haha because we won't have TV at our new house in July! We will have a television for movies but cable etc won't be around and we are glad for it. The iphones though have been so hard to keep you from. Mommy had to get a special case that can be dropped, tossed in water, chewed on etc because you are constantly trying to get at it. Amelia, yet again you teach us so much. This has helped me put the phone away except when necessary to make calls or use GPS. There is so much to see in the world when you simply do one thing: Look up. I love you for that.

Lately you have been able to sit up on your own if we are right there. This has been exciting for us as you really don't like to sit at all. You still want to stand all the time but we're still a few months away from that, I hope! You are rolling from your tummy to your back rapidly and are starting to do the crawling motions. It's amazing to watch how quickly you are learning. There are certain things you have started to notice consistently such as today when you saw your bottle you grabbed it and had it wrapped to your chest with both arms and started licking the cap haha. Or, if we run the bath water, even if you can't see the water or tub itself you start kicking and laughing like crazy because you know it's bath time and get so happy.

You are 17 pounds now so in the last 4 weeks alone you've gained a whole pound. That's impressive! I think you are taller as well but we'll have to wait for your check up to be sure. You have been eating and sleeping quite a lot lately and so I know for sure you are just a growing girl. Last night you slept 14 hours!!! How you seem to know it's your birthday and it's time to sleep, I have no idea. You didn't wake up at all though and were such a delight when you woke up! In fact, I can count on one hand the times you have awoken unhappy. I always get the biggest smiles when I hear you wake up and come to get you. Sometimes Daddy and I each hurry and run to get you, each trying to get there first, because you are so fun :)

Well Baby Girl, no teeth yet. You are drooling like niagra and gumming on anything that gets close but no bumps and no teeth. In a way I just want them to pop through and we can get it over with but on the other hand you're still my little darling baby and you look so cute all gummy! You are doing awesome at eating your cereals- you'll pretty much eat any vegetables if I add a tablespoon of baby bananas to it. You can eat a little over a cup of cereal mix at a setting- pretty impressive!

Sweetheart, the delight that you are to us cannot be described. Every time you fall asleep we kiss you and tell you how loved you are. When you awake, we tell you how much we missed you while you slept and how happy we are to have you with us. What can we say? We are wrapped around your little finger, Amelia. Thank you for being the strong cheerful person that you are. We pray each night we can be sensitive to your talents as we get to know who you are. You are such a gift and each day with you is the best day ever.

Love you, my Darling.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment