What a fun Birthday-day I had this year. Mia woke up much earlier than usual at 6am and so we used the opportunity to have breakfast together before Brad had to go to the clinic at 7:30. Brad had gone ahead and picked out fun breakfast foods for me and was really sweet about it.
After he left for the day, I slowly got up and got going and Mia and I just played a ton and honestly had a great morning. Around noon I hear the locks turn and Brad surprised me by coming home at half day!! He said the morning had gone very well- two of his patients even asked if he could be their doctor once they left the hospital :) The Attending physician over Brad said that he had done exceptionally well and, after discovering it was my birthday, sent Brad home to "be with your wife since there's nothing more you can do to change my opinion of you- you did a fantastic job!" :) That's my hunny! So at some additional urging he came home and said, ok now what? What do you want to do? My immediate response?
Spelunking of course!!!!
The Lava Bed National Monument and park is only about an hour away from us right now. I've been twice before, once with Brad, and had an exceptional time. Since we've both been there we knew there would be some caves we could easily explore and some there was just no way we were even going to attempt. We threw a few things in the car and off we went!
Mom had gotten Amelia this fleece suit awhile back and it came in handy on this trip! It's her perfect size right now although for some reason they made the arms quite long lol. She was so.stinking.adorable in it we were just loving having a great time with our girl!
One of the caves I've never been to is the Big Painted Cave. There are Native American paintings and they were so beautiful. It was a little walk to get there from the parking area and Amelia enjoyed riding up on Daddy's shoulder on the way there. On the way back there was fussing going on so I took her and within 30 seconds of me holding her, she was out cold. I think it was just a lot of stimulus :) But like I told Brad, I think she sees him as fun and play and smiles...and me food and sleep. lol. We play- A LOT- but man oh man she lights up and squeals with delight at seeing her Daddy!
After going to the two caves- Skull Cave and Painted Cave, we headed back home. We finished off the evening with Hawaiian food (as in, the Ultimate Comfort Food from Heaven. Mmmmm) and catching up on The Walking Dead.
I am so blessed to have been able to spend the day with my two favorite people in the world. Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes! I had a fantastic day!


I'm glad you had a great day and I love that you already are introducing Amelia to all the things you love to do!
ReplyDeleteWhat a super birthday! I'm glad you were able to celebrate it together.
ReplyDeleteThat cave seems really cool. I'd love to go someday!
ReplyDelete