Saturday, October 19, 2013

Catching up

I've been terrible about updating the blog lately. We were in Pennsylvania for a month and now we have been back in Oregon for a couple of weeks. I have to say, this past summer was challenging with fixing up the house, selling the house and moving across the country. But it was also my favorite summer so far. Mia continues to grow and change at an incredible rate. She is such a joy as she learns new things ( two days ago she learned to 'roar' ?! haha ) and as we discover each others personalities. Being together as a family has brought an inner calm to my heart. I feel...grounded. Suddenly there is this immoveable "rock" inside that says, no matter what, everything will be okay. Just keep on keepin' on.

So onward we go.

We have been doing a lot of traveling and exploring. Enjoying being together. Brad has been working very hard for our family. Although there is tremendous flexibility there is also an overwhelming responsibility to find the residency that will be the best fit for our family. To discover where Heavenly Father wants us to go in order to excel in education and to be instruments in His hands.

Here are a few pictures from Pennsylvania (most of these were taken in the month of September)
Brad's Aunt (Tia) and Uncle (Oom) came up from Maryland. We spent the day going to lunch and visiting Chocolate World in Hershey. When we lived in PA back in 07/08 we became much closer to them, especially me. I loved to go visit over a weekend and they did an excellent job including me and making me feel so loved


We happened upon this beautiful field of sunflowers. Mia was sleeping so we pulled over and had a fun moment walking the rows

Their faces crack me up...

Pennsylvania has the most unique flowers. The Lucks faithfully tended their gardens and I never got sick of walking the property and checking out all that was growing


The variety of fresh produce astounded me when I lived in PA before and it caught me by surprise once more. I loved seeing all the colors and varieties and going to the different markets.


My happy girl :) She's already grown out of this outfit :/


Mmmmmm. Ritas made these gelato slushie layered treats. Mango was the best and even though I had them a few times while we were out there, I am already back to craving them.

We bought Mia this toy while we were there to help her get stronger and be able to look around and play. She actually didn't love love it but there were some happy times :)

All in all, I hope you can sense that this time in PA was awesome. Mia was able to meet family- more of the Luck clan and the Stricklings- and we were able to enjoy returning home. Brad was able to learn from one of the greatest Cardiologists in the nation and it was a double privilege because he will soon be retiring. 
Brad & Dr. Luck

Although Amelia is young, and she won't remember the specifics of these excursions, as we continue to love her, teach her, and show her the people and places we hold dear I hope she can have that "rock" grow in her. Of stability, safety, and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment