Wednesday, October 9, 2013

5 Months

Sweetheart,

Oh how my heart has been achy lately! You are getting so big and Daddy and I can tell you are wanting to be more independent. I know the days where you need me to carry you everywhere and do everything for you is soon coming to a close. It's not that I want you to stay little forever...in fact I have loved every single stage. I guess Mommy is just feeling like her baby is growing up and I hope you always need me... even just a little :)

You are SO close to rolling over. You were about 90% there on Sunday when you tried to get to Roxy, the dog. You still vastly prefer to stand than sit and I have a feeling you won't be crawling for long before you walk. You can get a total of 4 toes in your mouth at one time and by the looks of it, your current short-term goal is to get all 10 in. I know you can do it!

Suddenly, in the past week or so, you have become quite ticklish on your sides. Oh the joy it brings us to watch you squirm and squeal and laugh so hard! If we really get you laughing, your eyes will start to get red and water and you make these little sighs like...oh, man, that was great! I can't help but laugh at the memory even as I write this to you :)

Mommy has been making you baby food from the pears at the orchard that Great Grandpa DeKorte got for you. Aunt Holly and I worked hard on them while you and Evolet played. You two are going to be the best of friends! It was fun for us to watch you two stare at each other. A little recognition? I think so.

So far you are eating Pears, Apples (not your favorite), Peaches, Sweet Potato (tried it yesterday- big hit!), and of course your first food- bananas. Oh and rice cereal. You pretty much eat whatever I give you and are just happy to be held and to be trying new things. I hope these personality traits continue on haha!

I was thinking today about how grateful I am that you do not yet know fear. There has been maybe a time or two where you woke up and it was dark and you couldn't see me and yes I believe based on your cry that you were afraid. But if we pop up over the bed to surprise you or there's a loud noise, or I start the blender... you are not afraid of any of these things. You'll simply look from side to side searching for the source of the commotion and then look at me as if to say, Whoa! Did you hear that?! It's adorable actually. I'm sure part of it is your easy going personality but part of me hopes it is also that you feel safe, loved, and secure. Mom and Dad will always be here for you, Amelia.
You have been spending a lot more time with your cousins and boy are you loving it! They can't get enough of your cute toes and easy smiles. It's so fun to be close to them and I just know you will grow up cherishing these close relationships.

In a few days we will go for your next series of shots. They will weigh you and check you out and make sure you're the healthy girl I know you are :) You are in 9 month jammies (!!!) and 6 month baby clothes. You are growing so fast some of your cute clothes we got at the shower you haven't even gotten to wear! Ah, such is life... I guess us girls will just have to go shopping :)

Darling, was I ever without you? Who was I 5 months ago? I can't even fathom life without you and each day is a blessing I thank God for. I thank Him for you, for your birthmother and all her family, for your health and happiness. Giving you my time, my energies, my life... it is a joy beyond measure. After Daddy and I put you to bed at night we often miss you and lay in bed looking at pictures and playing videos of you. It's all we can do to keep ourselves from running in there and giving you a snuggle! We love you so very very much and I will never be able to tell you that enough. Thank you for being the sweet, cheerful, smiley, curious, expressive, amazing sunshine baby that you are.

oxoxox Forever,
Love

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment