Monday, April 22, 2013

Planning for the Big Day

We recently drove south to visit Meri for her birthday. It was a surprise and before the 'reveal' we had a few hours to kill. We met with the new case worker and then decided to check out the hospital where Meri will have Amelia. We had originally planned to all go together for a tour but we are realizing- we are running out of time!!! Meri is a little past 36 weeks! So we said, it would be better to go us 3 but it's kinda now or never!

The whole drive down I was in awe. This doesn't capture it very well but the cloud formations were beautiful. I've had to work pretty hard to find beauty in this flat, windy, grassy place but here it is. 

The main atrium. We were struck by how many large windows there were

They had a lot of art we enjoyed. I liked this one in particular. The purple with the yellows and violets just say happiness to me

Yikes! Here it is! Next time we see this sign we will be running under it!

A birthing room on the tour. I was trying to be quick lol so it's a little blurry :)

Things are looking a tad dead right now but in a month I bet this will be mostly filled in and green. This is behind the hospital where there is a large area filled with a creek, walking paths, a pond, and benches to sit and relax.

Overlooking the rear of the hospital

Another atrium picture. The light was perfect.

We had to wear these name badges. The charge nurse who took us on the tour said that when Amelia is born we will have wrist bands similar to Meri's.

haha, take 2. You do not want to see take one. lol let's just say it was quite sunny that day!



1 comment: