Wednesday, April 10, 2013

G & G DeKorte

Well it's getting closer to the shower and family who is far away have been sending gifts for Amelia. I don't blog about each one but this package was especially thoughtful. Grandma and Grandpa DeKorte have been by our side each step of the way. They have encouraged us, prayed for us, and given valuable advise. They also adopted a daughter through LDS services- Brad's aunt. So we have a lot in common and they have really been two great comforters to us. They sent the most amazing package, only some of which I can share on here. Luckily, Brad was there to snap some pictures and hold the phone while we skyped G&G. I sure love these two and I love Amelia will, also.

Me opening the box from Grandma and Grandpa. I hauled the box into the kitchen and was so excited I didn't make it past that lol. I opened it right there on the kitchen floor. Bless you Grandma for not making me wait until the shower!!! (I'm not very good at patiently waiting and Grandma and I *may* share that in common haha)

Me & my Grandpa- he sent two very special gifts which I will write about once Amelia is born.

Ignore the funny smile. See my straight hair!? I had just gotten it cut and she took the time to straighten it for me- so sweet! Can you see my necklace? It's quite special & personally designed by Grandma. I'll have to get a close-up picture up here soon. Grandma sent lots of other goodies- including outfits and binkies and washcloths and all sorts of fun. Amelia is going to be one well dressed little girl! Thank you Grandma!


These blankets melted my heart but especially this one with her name on it! The embroidery was done by Grandma's friend who also did a blanket for our wedding which is still on the couch and still looks great!

When Brad and I were married, we were sealed and then we held a ring ceremony. The person conducting that ceremony was Bro Hansen and him and his wife Nancy are amazing people. We have a special place in our hearts for them. She is the person who make the white and pink blanket. It's so soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment