I mean, really- sit back and think about it. I feel like each day as we get closer to her birth I understand the phrase "It's about Love" just a little more. That's what LDS services chose as their adoption phrase and it continues to strike me how true it is. Funny because as we were all hanging out together- these 'strangers'- talking, laughing, sharing stories....we were all there because we already love someone so much. Someone who isn't even born yet. Love unites us. Not things we have in common, like in real life relationships. Or that we live in close proximity. Or that we're related and we have ____ as a brother/sister/Mom/cousin/uncle. We were all together because we respect life. We love Heavenly Father and are willing to make very hard decisions in order to try to follow His way. We stumble, and although we cannot escape consequences, perhaps it's all the better we are unable to. Brad and I were talking last night about Meri and about these past 7 months we've known her. We spoke of 'watching' her grow and how this experience...challenging in a way not even I can describe to you...has shaped her- is shaping her- to become the person she can be. Although times have been difficult, we can see her growing. She is such a beautiful woman and I'm certain Heavenly Father is proud of her. Amelia has some big shoes to fill!
I think I'm off on another tangent here but in short I wanted to say that it meant more to us than a little book and toy for Mia. And this adoption means more than people coming together to raise a child. When they say It's about Love they mean it's about our love for God, for all that he's done for us. It's about our love and respect for each other, knowing that we should always treat each other as brothers and sisters. And it's about our Love for a new life that is so incredibly blessed to come into this world having the biggest family just bursting with people who love her.
God is so good to us.
Elinor gave Amelia such a wonderful book. It's the hard cardboard? kind so she can read it even when she's little and wants to 'turn' the pages herself :) Brad and I read it on the way home. It was such a thoughtful gift.
This pages says, I am God's child, and He has given me a wonderful world to explore.
The pages have beautiful art. This page says, Because I am a child of God, I can learn about His world, and share what I learn with others.
Peach, from Finding Nemo to add to Amelia's growing collection :)



No comments:
Post a Comment