Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Amelia's Celebration

On Saturday I woke up so excited for the day. There was a lot going on! Not long after I got up I checked my email. Meri had written saying she hoped we had the best day ever. It was really sweet :) 

Soon we loaded stuff up and went over to C & R's house where she and I had already decorated with flowers. We set up a few more things and then all our friends started coming over! There were just enough people there for it to feel exiting and have a lot of energy but low key enough to where we felt like we got to actually catch up with people. Maybe not as much as we would've liked but that would take days :) 

Our friends were so sweet to bring gifts for Amelia and to help us. We are blessed beyond words to know these kind and generous people. Students who, like us, don't have copious amounts of extra and yet find ways to show their support. Thank you!

After the shower the Bentley's stuck around to chat for a bit. I was enjoying talking with them (we are soon moving in opposite directions :(... ) but I was getting really jittery! I had planned a secret getaway for Brad's birthday weekend- and we were to leave straight from the shower! Brad had no idea what was going on when we said bye to R, bye to the mess, bye to our truck which we left there & Amelia's gifts, and I lead him to the car- already packed- and started driving away. lol. Poor Brad. He was pretty confused. He started asking a few questions about where we might be going. Then he asked if we were going somewhere remote. I said yes. Then I realized he wouldn't be happy without his gun & new safe to bring along so we took a quick detour and ran by the house. Um yeah so in my hurry to leave that morning I had left the door open- WIDE open. Y.i.k.e.s. Good thing we went home! So with everything locked and secure :) we headed out to Rathbun Lake, Iowa, a place we'd never been before. 

I'll maybe blog about that another time... this post is about the shower!...but we came back Sunday and picked up the truck and Mia's gifts and headed home. We opened each one together and it was really relaxing actually. We also opened gifts that Mom & Dad and Charity had sent. Everyone's been generous- to each of you, thank you! We still have a bit on our list so Brad and I are going to go shopping next week and pick up the rest of the essentials. I bought a pack of newborn diapers today... they're so tiny!

OK a few shower pictures. Thank you to each of you who came and helped us celebrate!!!



1 comment:

  1. Sad I missed your celebration! I'm celebrating from here for you though. :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete