Well. I think I'm becoming one of those people.
In certain situations perhaps if drugs or criminal things were involved I guess I could understand having a closed adoption. I'm not so far over that I can't see that. But let me tell you something. I've had the best week ever.
An impromptu trip quickly formed early in the week as I went to pick up some baby supplies a few hours away. The day of the trip it suddenly became an overnight trip and I was able to give myself a little more time and flexibility. I went to the temple and had quiet time to myself. It was beautiful and well worth every minute of the drive. I am always amazed at how loved I feel when I am inside the temple. It's a good feeling to be in a place thanking my Heavenly Father and asking advice while the whole time feeling his loving arms around me. I always leave encouraged, no matter my situation.
Well that was pretty awesome but then the day just got better. I got to see Meri! And this is why I'm such an advocate for open adoption- we had the best time ever and it was all okay! We went and got frozen yogurt (spoonberry was both our favorites....don't ask me what a spoonberry tastes like I have no idea. It was blue.) and chatted about hospital plans and shirt colors and oh did you see ___movie? Then we went to Babies R Us to check out strollers and baby what-nots. Brad was feeling a little sad he wasn't with us so we took a self portrait and sent it to him and also took pictures of the stroller I'm eying (yes, it's purple- of course!!). Anyway we wandered around and were just about to attempt an exit through the entrance (gasp!) when we decided we needed to buy something fun for little Darling. So we looked and looked until we found the perfect outfit...lol...well, they don't really go together but hey, she could rock it.
The onesie will be perfect for when it's warm and Meri and I loved the colors. The shoes....well, who could resist these?! We weren't all the sure on sizing haha but we bought them anyway. She may need to be Dorothy for Halloween :)
Anyway, then we went to a movie- Warm Bodies where we sat in a different kind of theatre where you sit at more like table and had a menu and could order dinner. It felt all fancy so of course we had to order pizza!! Haha the movie was kinda odd but enjoyable enough to sit there with Meri and little Darling and just enjoy hanging out. After the movie we were able to sit back, relax, and chat a bit. I can't wait until we go back for another visit!
I hope from reading just this little bit you can sense the feeling I have about Meri and about our situation. It's so amazing to think we were in Babies R Us together. It wasn't weird. It wasn't awkward. I stood there in awe and amazement myself, so I won't be surprised if you feel a little that way :) It was a good feeling, though. It was a feeling that everything is alright. It was wonderful to be able to talk openly about our fears, hopes, ideas, feelings and everything in between. Every time the thought comes into my mind, I'm so excited we're going to be parents!...100% of the time the thought that follows is.....
And I'm so glad it's Meri that we're on this journey with. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I was reading this thinking, "yep, that sounds like us and Kayli." I love that you and Meri have such a strong bond and I, for one, don't think it sounds weird - I totally get it and know exactly what that can be like and I am beyond thrilled for you guys and for Darling. Glad the visit went so well!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I love the relationship that you have with Meri. I'm sure it makes everything at least an ounce easier for everyone! The onesie and shoes are adorable.
ReplyDeleteI love it! All of it. And the outfit is darling!
ReplyDelete