Sunday, February 24, 2013

Updates

Each day it has been feeling like time creeps along...so slowly... meant only to torment us haha. But then I look at the blog and I'm like Whoa! It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted! So time must be moving along:)

I've been trying to think of things that have happened in the last couple of weeks. Let's see. Well, I did get a gentle nudge from Meri reminding me to get a move on and get the necessary diapers and children's meds. I had to laugh because first of all, she's so stinkin cute and secondly, she's right! I have been picking up a few things here and there though. I have become addicted (*yes, addicted. This is my confession. Now it's all okay, right??) to the site zulily.com where they sell all kinds of things for everyone as well as home stuff. But man alive their infant/kid stuff is the best! Soooooo adorable I have a really hard time...especially when that lovely___ is just clicks away! Anyway, so far I have only bought her a dress I couldn't pass up but I'm sure I will be on a first name basis with those guys before long :) Oh right. So what I have. I have that dress and a couple of sleepers and a couple of onesies. Mom sent me an awesome package this week- Thanks Mom!- of some cute little things she had found as well as a project I had asked her to do for me. 

This week I also sold our crib which did make me kinda sad. I bought it two years ago and it's represented so much in terms of hopes and dreams. I sold it because we will be moving and traveling a bit this summer and it just won't work to have a crib. We will be buying a pack and play hopefully this week or next to replace it. They have some pretty cool pack and plays out there so now it's just a matter of narrowing it down to the one we want. So many choices! On the flip side, my friend at church will be having her baby girl in a matter of days and she will be the new owner of that beautiful white crib. That has brought me a lot of joy, even while having to part with it. I'm excited to help her get ready for her precious little girl! Love you, L!

Brad just completed his first week of OB training at the hospital. We have felt blessed because he will complete 4 weeks of OB, 4 of pediatrics, and 8 of family medicine- all before Amelia comes. Medical training at this level isn't required to be parents of course but it has brought us comfort and has helped us to feel more prepared. I'm grateful for all of Brad's hard work and diligence. We are already reaping the benefits of his gifts of being able to relate to people and his hard work ethic. I know this trend will just continue through 4th year and onto residency. I just know Amelia will adore her Daddy and will hopefully pick up on these wonderful traits!

We have had a lot of our friends ask us about a baby shower. Meri is all for it so yes we will be having a shower here in Iowa, probably around the first week in April. Thank you to everyone who has asked! We can't wait to celebrate her arrival with all of you! More info to come on that for sure :) As to the other half of our hearts...way out there in Oregon, we're headed your way! We are hoping to have another celebratory gathering of some kind when we arrive, around the end of July. Again, more updates to come as we get our schedule worked out. 

We have also gotten some additional information about when the sealing and blessing can take place. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this so I'll just go ahead anyway. Our case worker told us that because the state in which Amelia will be born is such an adoption-friendly state we will be able to be sealed to her as soon as the adoption is finalized by the judge(when she's around 30 days old). So right now we are trying to make the decision about where to have her sealed. Either way, it will probably be around the end of July. It is only after she is sealed that we will be able to have her blessed. Not sure what I'm talking about with all this temple and blessing and sealing talk? Ask me! I'd love to tell you all about it!

Well I have lots more to tell you about but it will have to wait for another day. We have been thrilled this week planning our next trip to see Meri as well as a very very special person. Less than a month away we will be headed for another visit! Ahhhh I can't wait!! Can I just say I'm so happy we have an open adoption??? It's true!


No comments:

Post a Comment