Every year the residency program takes the residents up for a day at a local ski resort. The first two years we weren't able to go as Brad was on a shift that he wasn't excused from (something about needing a doctor in the hospital...I don't know what all that was about..;) but this year we took the day and got to play! I used to ski but haven't gone since Brad and I got married and while I'd like to get Mia into lessons, I think next year will be even better since she'll be done with naps by then most likely.
Anyway, somehow or other I got it into my head we needed to snowshoe. None of us had ever done it before but this winter has been so brutal with all the snow and being cooped up inside I kept thinking- we need more winter activities to get us outside! So I borrowed shoes for Brad and I from a friend at work and we bought Mia a darling little pair off Amazon- in pink, of course :)
She was a NATURAL!
I shouldn't have been surprised but I'm telling you, the girl was -literally- skipping in them before I even had mine buckled all the way. We couldn't believe it. She was so cute I thought my heart would burst. This resort is near Mt. Rainier and is breathtaking. The air had been foggy and just kind of awful all the days leading up to our winter day but we had the sunniest, most gorgeous day up there.
So so so blessed.
Trying to give perspective on how much snow is up there
Love.
The camera focused only on Brad but gosh...isn't he cute?!
Me and my girl. She's eating a cookie I stowed away in my pocket just in case :)
Us, trying to find the trail....we kind of ended up making our own...
We found a road...
Have I ever mentioned Mia LOVES to eat snow? It's true.
Yay! Found the trail. The little lake- totally frozen over but I still didn't trust it- we were going to walk around. We didn't make it around the whole thing (sorta started during nap time...) but it was so beautiful and I hope we get to do the whole thing someday
They had these awesome markers all around so you knew you were on the safe trail and not on the lake- it was seriously hard to tell the difference!
I mean, really. How beautiful is Washington?!
So curious, all the time. She's watching her Daddy hit a stick against another stick that had snow on it or something. lol.
And we were done- and still smiles!!!
My friend said we could keep the snowshoes over the weekend so we did end up going one more time to a canyon that we've been to in the summer several times. It was immensely different in the winter and I enjoyed the contrast.
All smiles for this girl! I can't believe those pants- she started off this winter with them being just right, if not a little long. Well, there's no way they're making it to next year! She must be in a major growth spurt!
Unfiltered, unaltered, regular iphone pic. Love it.
Taking a break to eat snow. Have I mentioned she loves to eat snow?
It's true!















No comments:
Post a Comment