Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sauvie Island & Mini Lewis Reunion

A couple of weeks ago we met up with my brother in Portland for the day. We don't know the Portland area as well as we should and we only had the day so it was hard trying to figure out what to do. Then I read about Sauvie Island and thought it sounded perfect....and it was! My brother is in the Navy and we don't get to see him often enough at all. On top of that, he is now deployed to Bahrain and it will be at least one year, maybe more, before we see him again. So we really wanted to spend some quality time with him on his last weekend in Oregon. Sauvie Island was awesome...we went to this berry farm where Mia could run to her hearts content. They had fields of flowers and every where you looked it was just spectacularly gorgeous. Besides my getting bit by a wasp, I can't think of a more perfect day with my brother. 
I love you, Matthew!



There was this amazing oak tree that is over 100 years old






A week later the bite came back (somehow?!) and I ended up on antibiotics due to an infection that was going up the leg! It HURT!



As we were leaving, suddenly Mia leaped into Matthew's arms for a big hug. It was the sweetest thing!

This is how she spent much of the ride home. She loves her wheels on the bus book and we sing the song often in the car. This girl was such a trooper as it was 3 hours there, then a long day, then 3 hours home. I'm so grateful we have a girl that travels as well as she does!

1 comment: