Sunday, August 9, 2015

27 Months

My Little Mia

I feel like I won't be able to say that much longer so I'd better use it all I want while I still can! It's funny because I've been asking you most days- "are you my baby or are you my big girl?". Most often you'll tell me you're my big girl. But every so often you crawl into my lap and give me the best snuggles as you tell me softly, "I'm your baby". It melts this mama's heart.

You should know that in some ways I dreaded you being two. I did. I thought OK. I got this. Let's just power through this stage and get to the next one. I mean, every one was telling me how difficult and challenging two was going to be. The tantrums. The boundary-pushing. And to be real...yes! You do those things. There are hair-pulling, praying-for-heaven's-help moments. But you're also sweet and funny and kind and thoughtful and you absolutely love to laugh. It's those things that make up 99% of our time together, not the.....other stuff. So I'm over it. I don't dread two anymore. Or three or any other age. I think each stage will have it's own deck of cards and I'm going to work on embracing that. Last night after I washed you up I slung the washcloth across your back. You tried to look back at it then looked up at me and exclaimed, "I'm a butterfly!". It was adorable and I laughed but then even harder when suddenly you laid down on your tummy and said, "No...I'm a turtle!". Ha!!! Your imagination is playful and sweet like that lately. You want to brush my hair, help me with dinner and dishes, put diapers on all your babies, jump on my bed, play hide and go seek, and do ring-around-the-rosey in the kitchen.

Foods you're into lately: Dad's sparking mineral water. It's hilarious. You totally chug it like nobody's business! Cracks me up probably because I can't stand that stuff. Two days ago I was making dinner and I was chopping broccoli to cook. Suddenly you reach out and grab a bundle and just go to town. I'm like, wait, it's raw...we should cook it! But then it was gone and you wanted more lol. You still love pot stickers. Last night you ate more dinner than I did so I'm wondering if you're in another growth spurt. You tend to get a tad irritable when you're in one; I think maybe your bones ache. I try to rub your legs down and that seems to help you sleep better.

You're in a total Mommy stage right now. Everything is all about Mom. I have to be the one to take the fork out of the drawer to give it to you. Or change your diaper. Or pick out a book. Or look at you. Haha. It's a little out of hand right now so I'm hoping this coming weekend will help with a lot of that. I am taking a trip to Pennsylvania and although you'll only know I'm gone for two days, it will be a bonding time for you and Daddy I hope. You adore him- asking for him all the time, wanting to know where he is. But as soon as you're tired or upset or want something- it's all about Mom. It will be good to see Dad can do those things, too. I'm interested to see how things are when I get back. I will miss you so much and wish you were coming with me! I know I'll cry and have a hard time being separated as I'm kind of in a "Mia Stage" all the time!

You're quite the vocal little princess. Girl, you got some lungs. One thing I have wanted to mention for a couple months now is the walkway to the entrance of daycare has a huge window parallel to it. That's your classroom so the kids can always see who's parents are coming and going. Mia, you scream for me so loud when you see me I can hear you outside the building. As soon as you see me you run, high pitched happy screaming, all the way to the half door to meet me. Then you leap into my arms for the biggest hug ever. Then you slip down, take my hand, and show me your art or your friends or toys you enjoyed playing with that day while I get an update from your teacher how your day went. You have the same teachers every day who love you! They will even text me at work if you do something funny or cute or if you fall and scrape a knee. I have been more reflective lately as we are now at 1 year of me working outside the home. I enjoy my job; I do not enjoy our time apart. It's a tricky balance and although I need to work right now I will be grateful when the time will soon come that I can scale back and we will have even more time together. So, I guess in some ways I think goodness it's a whole year of working!? Then I think, but it's one year down! Not much left!!!! My cup is always overflowing with you and Daddy in my life. You make it easy to see the positive side!

When Daddy and I were dating, I thought I could never love him more. Now, 12 years later, I absolutely love him more. I feel the same way about you. The moment I saw your ultrasound picture or held you for the first time or when you smiled at me for the first time...I thought I could burst my heart was so full. Well, my heart grew, Little One. I love you more with each day. I'm so grateful to be your Mommy and I never forget it.

oxoxoxox
Love
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment