One year ago today everything was different. I woke up that morning in our {lovely} hotel and quickly got ready. I remember applying my makeup thinking just right not too much how do my eyes look... I remember hoping I didn't have some funky curl that decided to stick straight up. I was nervous I'd say something silly. I was hopeful our gift would be perfect. Or at least acceptable. Somehow I just knew that from then on everything would be so very, very different.
One year ago today Brad and I met Meri. We met the woman who, in the act of placing a baby in my arms, would, in my opinion, be more Christ-like than anyone I had ever met.
One year ago we sat across from Meri as she told us that she had made up her mind and we would soon be parents.
All day I have been thinking about that day, one year ago. The way I felt when I opened her present and saw the photo album she so thoughtfully prepared. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped completely before it decided I must be running an Olympic marathon. After I hugged Brad I remember jumping up to hug Meri. I remember feeling that God is so good to me. To us. To the baby. To come from such love and to be brought to Brad and I who... oh, there are no words. We had been praying for our daughter relentlessly. Without pause for years we had worked tirelessly to find her- and yes, her, we knew it would be a daughter.
Tonight as I put my little Amelia down for bed, she was snuggling my neck and before she fell asleep I whispered that I loved her. That she was precious. I told her *Meri* loved her. I gave her kisses and laid her down to dream and get some rest. After all, it's been quite the 12 months for this little angel baby.
Hard to believe that was a year ago. <3
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete