Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Our Houston Trip

Mia and I had such an incredible trip to Texas. I was there this time last year....in fact an hour before I left Iowa to come to Texas was when we got the call that Meri wanted to meet with us. That trip last year was filled with fun and excitement as well as nerves and anxious feelings. Wow what a year it's been.

This trip was extra busy. My 2 1/2 year old niece is transitioning to a new day care because they just bought their first home. So I was there to watch the girls and 'bridge' the gap between day cares. I also wanted to help with some first-home projects. But most of all, I wanted to see my family. I miss them so much. I was honestly astounded at how amazing Averie was with Amelia. For being so young she often read to Mia, shared her favorite toys, gave her kisses, and tried to make her smile. I know these girls are going to grow up being best friends and the joy that brings to me is immeasurable. 

A few pictures I just had to include...Mia adored her Uncle. She would smile if he just walked in the room haha. It was actually quite cold while we were there- especially the first week. Yes, cold!! As in, it was in the 20's. So we bought some fire logs and had s'mores one night which was really fun. Not your typical Houston activity I bet!

Averie's at a stage she didn't love her picture being taken. But we had some silly moments with the forward facing camera phone and got some good laughs out of these...

My Sister loves babies. That's been a fact since before she was out of the baby stage herself. It was really special for me to watch her and Mia interact. She got her this Snow White princess dress at the Disney store for Christmas. We just love it! Missing my sister now....

One of the days we went to the park for a little bit. Mia had never been on a swing...it's been pretty cold around here to go. Haha but she was so cute oh my heck! I put her in the baby swing and the first thing she did was lean back, get comfy, and tuck her feet in. And so that's how she rode, back and forth as I pushed her. She loved it and I got big smiles :)

I already can't wait to go back. Hopefully before January of next year but if not, I think I need to make these trips a yearly thing! I love the escape to sunshine in the middle of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment