Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2 Months!

Dear Mia,

I can't believe how quickly time is passing. Yesterday I was thinking...what would I give to slow time by 50%? To have that much longer with you? Almost anything, is the answer. You are such a joy to be around. Daddy and I were laughing that some things still haven't changed since you were born- you absolutely hate it when your face gets covered like when your bib flips up. You still drink your milk super fast. And you are still the best baby barely crying and a good sleeper. Other things have changed and gotten so fun- you recognize yourself not only in your mobile mirror but if I forward face the phone camera, you instantly smile at yourself- it's the cutest thing! You also like to be propped up on the couch. I always tell you how big and strong you are and that will usually get a smile out of you :) Your facial expression variety continues to expand and we seem to get the best responses in the morning. I read somewhere that we must help you explore all your senses and that one easily forgotten is your sense of smell. They suggested letting you smell what we are eating and so we have been doing that these last couple of weeks. Your responses only encourage us and usually have us laughing! You are a delight to be around and we enjoy spending time with you.
Three nights ago you slept through the night for the first time. You haven't done it again since but that's okay. Daddy and I both woke up missing you so you were in bed with us before long, all snuggled up :)
Mia, I want to tell you your birth family loves you so very much! It makes us happy to keep in contact with them and to send pictures and updates back and forth. They always ask about you and they think of you all the time. You are one loved little girl! I can only imagine how it will feel growing up with not only a firm foundation but being completely surrounded by those who love and want the best for you. When I think of your future and all the blessings you will have, I get so excited for you to grow and to watch you enjoy your life. Nobody gets through life without hardship so I'm sure you will have yours as well, but I know you will have everything you need to be happy, successful, and have a knowledge of Christ.
Soon we will be leaving our home in Iowa...your first home. Next year we will take you back here and everything will be different...you may even be walking! We will see Daddy graduate as a physician in medicine and will love seeing all our friends. In a few days we will be heading home to Oregon. Mia, we hope you can feel how excited we are to take you to what will become your home state. Daddy and I talk about something we want to show you or someplace we want to take you there almost each day. We will take you to the ocean, hiking the mountains, pear harvesting, the redwood forest, and so much more. We love you and can't wait to teach you to enjoy being outside as much as Daddy and I do. Someday we'll go spelunking, kayaking, rafting, rock climbing, skiing, and scuba diving....but that will be when you're much older :)
We took you to church for the first time two Sundays ago and you were a star. You were the best baby there not crying or making a scene. Maybe you're saving that for later lol ;). You enjoyed it when we sang hymns and listening to the special musical number with violins and the flute. We can't wait until you're old enough to start exercising your musical talents but for now we are settling for playing music and singing to you at home. Lately, and even this morning, you began to coo back at me as I sang "Love at Home" to you. Melted this mamma's heart :)
Darling, we are over the moon, beyond the sun and past the stars in love with you. You make each day the best that day could ever be. Being your parents has been a dream come true and we feel we are living a fairy tale. Life hasn't stopped throwing curve balls at us but when you have this much joy in your heart and at the core you are at peace, the ups and downs are sort of zoomed out and perspective is easier to obtain.
Happy 2 month birthday my sweetheart. Mommy and Daddy love you so!
Big gooey mamma smooches,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment