Wednesday, May 9, 2018

And Just Like That, You're FIVE!

Amelia,

Happy Birthday sweetheart!!! Oh how fun it is to be 5! The excitement you display with this birthday is extremely contagious! We have had quite the birthday week and actually will kind of be celebrating most of May with the way the schedule has worked out. We've had park dates, birthday lunches out, and on Monday I took you to get your hair straightened. You've been asking and asking to have it straightened for about a year now so it was a delight to see this wish fulfilled and you so happy. Sadly, our annual coast trip with our best friends was cancelled because you became very ill with a virus, and that has been tough on you and on us! We have other things planned for you, however- a big trip to Chicago and then your Mermaid birthday party later on in the month. We'll be doing face painting, games, bubbles, and have a bounce house because FIVE is totally a big deal! We are all looking forward to it and to celebrating you and  your special day!

You continue to crack us up with the silly things you say. Some of the latest are:
We were at church and I said, oh, I think you have a new freckle under your arm. You lift up your arm, peeking at your armpit, and say, "Oh, yeah, I must have dropped some chocolate in there!" Later you said to Nana, Are you bored? She said, Well, sometimes I do get bored. You: Well, I'm bored of these black shoes! Haha! Nana thought that was hilarious and asked me to write it down. It was pretty much because you were wearing your black church shoes that matched your dress instead of the summer hot pink ones ;) Last week you also told me, "Tigers are unhappy. They kill people. I know." in a totally straight face, then continued talking about something else like you hadn't even said that!!! I was like ???? What??? haha!

This last month has demonstrated a lot of growth for you. You have made several new friends that live close to us and you have improved significantly in school with writing your letters and communicating. Dad and I have been really impressed. We are for sure doing a homeschool program with you this upcoming year and we just found out you were accepted, so that has been something we have been anticipating and are excited about! You will be in several classes- two music classes, Spanish, dance, and art as well as the regular curriculum. We have friends that also homeschool and we are looking forward to a more community based learning style for you. We really believe you will thrive!

In short, as we grow each day we are continually striving to grow closer together and to the Lord. He loves you, knows you, and knows what is best for you. We are trying to be in tune with Him and His Spirit so we can be the best parents we can for you. My faith in His plan for our family is strengthened each time I see you, hug you, learn more about you. You are our sweet Mia, our darling girl who loves black licorice, running, playing tag, raw peppers, getting tickled, and postum. You want fruity tea for breakfast, don't like cream cheese on your bagel, and want Daddy's egg drop soup for dinner every night. You take good care of your toys and still love the baby you got when you turned one. You follow the rules and strive to be a good girl. I can see you try, and while you are still learning and don't always make the best choice, it is easy to see how hard you are trying. I love that about you and how your innate goodness is easy to see and appreciate.

I have loved the last five years like no other time in my life. I look forward to experiencing the trials and bliss it is to be your parent each day. Thank you for loving me. I couldn't be more blessed than I am to be your Mommy. Happy Birthday, Darling. I love you so very much.

oxoxoxoxox
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment