Wednesday, December 14, 2016

43 Months

Dear Mia

This last month was filled with fun as we went on trips and saw family over Thanksgiving but was also challenging as Dad had to work crazy hours on the family medicine service at the hospital. You loved going to the west side and being watched with Cora and Max for a day while we took a travel class. Although the trip getting there was rough, once we were in Spokane with Sydney, we had a really wonderful time and I'm so glad I didn't turn the car around, which was a real temptation. Then Papa, Uncle Miles and Aunt Katherine came for Thanksgiving and that was wonderful. We watched a movie, hosted Thanksgiving dinner for the first time, read books, and had quality time together. Auntie had a great idea to opt outside for Black Friday so we went looking for a hike. While our "hike" turned into walking in the snow along a partially frozen river haha it was absolutely gorgeous. None of us had the complete proper winter gear- except you! yay go Mom!- but truthfully, as long as you were dry and happy, the rest of us were in good spirits, too :) I enjoyed the hike and plan to go back with you and Daddy once the snow melts! Then, the weekend after Thanksgiving, you and I travelled to Wintrop to see friends who were in from out of town. I rented this little cabin for you and I and we had such a fun time eating amazing food, catching up with our friends, finally finding snow and going to play in it, and more. You especially liked going to the fish hatchery that was near the cabins. You and I are going to be travel pros by the end of this year!

I can't believe it, but since we are only having sacrament on Christmas day, this coming Sunday will be your very last in nursery. We have been talking about it a lot and you are really excited for Primary! I know you are going to love learning the songs and playing the games and all the focus on learning and growing spiritually. It just seems like a few minutes ago we were posing you for a picture for your very first day in nursery. But I have a feeling that is how the next 20 years are going to feel to me haha.

Daddy has been busy interviewing and preparing for interviews. Although there are a lot of jobs in his field right now, it all still takes a lot of work. I am proud of him for negotiating hard and not settling when it comes to carving out quality time together as a family. He is highly protective of the life we want to have together and will not let money or anything else distract him from the goal. We are doing more interviews in Oregon in the upcoming 2 months or so and then we should know where we will live next. Where we live now isn't out of the question, but we have been seeing better jobs elsewhere. The Lord will direct our family where we need to be, of that I am positive!

You are still my big girl helper and like to help with setting the table, making food, folding laundry, and picking up. You also want to write letters or scribbles every time you see me making a paper list and you are working hard at trying to write your name consistently. You've done it a couple of times randomly but still working on getting it every time you try. Also, it must be a lefty thing, but you tend to write from right to left. We will keep working on it and I'm sure before long, you will get it. You are so smart and constantly amaze us with your intelligence, memory, humor, and wit! We love being your parents, Mia.

I love you, sweetheart, so very very much!

oxoxox

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment