Mia (you officially do not want to be called Amelia these days),
I am finally getting used to saying you are 3 1/2 and before I know it you will be FOUR! I can't believe it. This whole growing thing is so surreal. When you're a Mom, you will totally know what I mean, trust me!
Let's see. Things you are up to these days.
Skipping is one. Lots and lots of it. In fact, you skip everywhere you go. You skip so rigorously that you need to hold my hand so you don't fall. As you are holding my hand, forcefully skipping, full of joy, I am desperately trying to stay upright and on track with where I need to walk to. LOL. I hope the vision in your head of this is as humorous as reality, because indeed, it's pretty funny. I get looks all the time, especially in the grocery store for some reason. Maybe it's because when you're skipping that exuberantly, it's difficult to watch where you're going and you run into people, display stands, other shopping carts...walls... Really, though, unless I literally feel like my arm is going to fall off, I don't say anything. The last few displays that were accidentally knocked over were easy enough to pick up so what's the hurt :)
Your fear of worms has not subsided. On Sunday, you started screaming so hysterically people actually came out to see if everyone was okay. I held up my hand- Yes, we are fine. The worms are back, but we'll make it. Thanks, yeah, we're good. I carried you inside, all the while you reminding me which ones to avoid and which ones were "probably dead, and it's okay to step on those ones, they can't get us anymore, they're dead" haha.
You and Dad made a decision to watch your first "older" Disney movie while I was away mid-October. I didn't get much of a say in this as by the time I got the message and called, the movie was over. Since then, you are completely obsessed with Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent and the fairies and the Prince and of course Aurora and magic and yeah, mostly Maleficent. You are very into repetition and I am not even exaggerating- you ask us to tell you the story of "Sleeping Bludy" well over 20x each day. I need to start scratching marks onto a paper. As soon as I finish doing my best narrative, bursting with different voices and exciting tidbits, clips of the iconic songs and everything I can think of, you are ready for me to begin all over again. Daddy had a good idea to record us telling you the stories (when we say we are too tired to do the story you want to switch it up and do Snow White or Beauty and the Beast) onto audio on our phones. We are working on that, but you still prefer the real deal. We haven't decided on any other Disney movies yet although you have seen Zootopia, Inside Out, and Arlo which was in theatre. I like the remake they did of Sleeping Beauty called Maleficent so whenever you ask me, why is the bad fairy being so mean? I want to tell you maybe it isn't her fault and maybe there's another side to the story haha. I also liked the part ( in the remake) where the prince's kiss didn't wake her, because they really didn't know each other at all and therefore it couldn't be true love. You ask me about the kiss and the magic all the time so I'm thinking you are still working it out in your head what in the heck is going on. They are doing a remake of Beauty and the Beast to come out early 2017. Maybe if we are feeling like you're ready, we can watch it together.
Speaking of 2017, on Sunday we made firm plans to take you someplace wonderful towards the end of summer. Somewhere Dad and I have never been.....a place we will need our passports to get to!!! I am very excited to show you this beautiful world we live in, my darling, and this is only the beginning!!! Actually, we have been doing a ton of travel already. As far as traveling up and down the West Coast, 2016 has easily been our biggest year yet. Which is exciting but I always want to go more places...hopefully 2017 will bring Utah, Texas, the East Coast, and beyond, to our calendar. I hope, I hope! Sometimes you travel well, and sometimes you have an extremely difficult time. I'm thinking we just need more practice!
The day before your "monthly birthday", the results from the presidential election came in. There is turmoil in our country right now and I think it stems in how many people feel in their homes and hearts. There is a lot of uncertainty and fear and distrust. I want you to know I have taken comfort in the Presidency of the Church who have given excellent council to focus our energies on the Savior, our ultimate King. Whenever life brings you something that is challenging or is uncertain, keep on the path and on your knees. The scriptures will lead you to Christ and to safety, every time, sweetheart. You are still little right now, but I hope you see how Dad and I are working on this and how much we love you and want to teach you to follow Him in all things.
All my love,
OXOXOX
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment