Random cuddles :)
Still obsessed with shoes! This is one of my favorite pictures of Mia and Brad
On Easter the orchards surrounding our house were in full bloom. They were incredibly gorgeous and I was just dying for a family picture. This was the only one that turned out but I liked it enough we had it blown up and it's the canvas print on the mantel right now
There were many, many, many outtakes but this one was my favorite. Out of over 100 images, we got 3.
Our little sweetheart. She sure is two. lol. We started in this orchard and then tried another one, I can't remember why now. Anyway, we were trying desperately to get a few good pictures. It was impossible. And, in case anyone thinks it's just me "feeling" this way, no, it was reality. Someone across the street apparently saw us from inside her home trying so hard and actually came out and told us how bad she felt for us. Then she offered to take a few. We didn't get any still, but I appreciated the gesture and it was nice to know it wasn't just me!
Sometimes Brad has to work so much that Mia literally will not get to see him unless we meet at the hospital. I've spoken with resident physicians in other programs and it's the same so I know it's not just here. It's tough but we make it work! We meet up with Daddy and spend dinner at the hospital where he gets Mia her favorite applesauce and we run around in the cafeteria courtyard and catch up from our day. It's probably not how lots of families spend their evenings, and hopefully not how we will spend ours for much longer (1 year down, 2 to go!!!!) but it's our life right now. Live in the present :)
We went to two major community events mid-April that were so cool. The co-op was having it's customer appreciation day and they celebrated with having tons of animals set up inside the building. They had a baby horse (two weeks old!), calf, chicks, bunnies, kittens, piglets, kids, baby turtle, and something similar to a alligator but it only gets 3 feet long? anyway, as well as adult animals: goats, white turkey, bunny, cats, pigs, lizards, frogs, and snakes. Mia loved it all. They let you interact with many of the animals and even the ones you couldn't touch you could get an inch or two away from.
Oh, and there was an employee there that was taking pictures of some of the customers to put up on their facebook page in order to promote the special day. Anyway, he came up to me and asked if he could take Mia's picture since we were 30 minutes early and pretty much the only ones there (which I'm totally doing again next year, it was awesome). I laughed and said, if you can catch her and get a good picture, you can keep it and I'll even give you a dollar. I had been trying, unsuccessfully, to get her picture for the last 45 minutes. She was just absolutely sprinting from one booth or crate or display to another, faster than you can image.
Needless to say, I got to keep my dollar!!!
The second event we went to was Arbor Day at the Arboretum. We had gone there in December as well for their lights in the park show. It was neat to see it in full bloom and everything was so green and pretty in contrast to the wintery scene we saw in December. A highlight for sure was this adorable baby great horned owl that Mia got to pet. They had several hunter birds there and I am always amazed at how large they are up close and in person!
She stood here looking at this bee colony for a long, long time. Some older kid tried to move her out of the way but she wasn't having it- her turn wasn't done, apparently! I almost had to intervene but I tried to wait and see what she'd do first. I was proud of her for sticking up for herself while still taking a small (albeit small) side step to let the other (much older boy) also see.
She had a BLAST running and playing all day. There was a ton of wide open grass as well as little treed areas with trails. She explored it all and slept very well that night!
In April we also semi-celebrated Brad's birthday. It was pretty low-key since he was working a LOT during that time. Also during that time, Mia got the flu and it was a trying time for us. I have never felt her get that high of a fever and even a drop of water came right back up. It's times like these that having a doctor in the house sure is nice. No, not necessary, but very very nice :) We got a prescription called in and I took a few days off from work and before we knew it our happy girl was back and cuddle time was over :)







No comments:
Post a Comment