Saturday, May 30, 2015

April/May 2015

Catching Up part 2....


At the end of April Mia and took a big trip to Idaho. My best friend Sarah had been telling me she wanted to start a business for a few years now. I had kept saying, ok, when you do it, I'll be there opening day to help you! Well... she did and it was my turn to fulfill my promise. It was quite a trip so I contacted my friend Chris, whom I met in college when I first started, who lives along the way. I was thrilled when she said her and her daughter (who is about 6 months younger than Mia) could come with us!! Mia and I left after work, drove to Spokane, and stayed the night with Chris and her family. The next morning we were up early and drove all the way to Rexburg, Idaho. It was quite the drive! We were all happy to be there once we arrived, that is for certain. My youngest Aunt is not much older than me and we have always been close. She has the cutest little family and it was really fun for Mia to just be "one of the girls" and run around and play. It was a busy time there with me working with Sarah and her sale and trying to balance seeing my Aunt and her family, but we did it and had a wonderful trip. The way back was snowy all through Montana and although the road itself was fairly clear, it made me grateful once again for our Honda. I love the space it offers and the safety it has!

Fudruckers! Gotta eat at all the places we don't have here :)

This was on the way there. A 9 hour drive and they slept 15 minutes :/

Me with my cousins- only about a 25+ age gap!

These girls had a lot of fun together!!!

This was on the way back. I can't remember how long they slept but I think 1.5 hours

Our victory smiles for getting them to rest!!!!

On the way back we stopped at this little church that also had a place to run around and a small cemetary. It was really interesting actually and had a lot of history to it. It was good for all of us to get our wiggles out and although we were getting close to Spokane and home we stopped for awhile and ate and relaxed. The girls did so well!!!

While there I taught Mia about blowing on dandelions and how to make a wish. She was adorable and has been doing it ever since. I love everything about this picture. How she's clutching the stem and squeezing her eyes shut, as though she is wising with all her might. Her wild curls I only sometimes attempt to control. Her favorite heart sweater she would wear to bed if I let her. How the dandelion seeds are floating away... love you sweet girl. I cherish these trips and time we have together.


1 comment:

  1. The dandelion picture needs to be printed on canvas and put on your wall ASAP!

    ReplyDelete